Bunny and Pip

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

cwolfec

Reaction score
Duo.jpg

Well, I have been on this forum for a little while and have loved getting to see pics of everyone's bunnies and reading all ya'lls stories. I figured I should jump into the madness and start a bunny-only blog. I have another blog, but it's been overrun with posts about my rabbits and I know my family would rather get updates about me instead if a rabbit poop update :D So I knew you guys would understand!

I am currently living on the island of Guam, in the middle of nowhere. My husband is in the Navy, so we were relocated here. It's not bad. Just hot, and verrrry far from family, so when the husband is deployed, I don't have much in the way of company. That was until I adopted my Cinnabun :) I got him from 1 of 2 pet stores on the island, and the moment I saw him, he stole my heart. He was a tiny ball of sweet fluffiness and I had to have him. William (my husband) was gone for 3 months, but I got a hold of him and asked if I could bring home a baby. We have been married 4 years and I had resigned myself to the fact that we could never have pets due to his allergies, but he said yes! As long as I swept daily, got an air purifier, and promised to wash my hands after handling them. I was ecstatic!!

DSC003191.jpg

He's my first rabbit ever, and he has been my joy and has kept me sane. He's chill and loving and particular, all at the same time. I felt like after he got neutered and had calmed down a bit that he might like a friend, so I started keeping my eyes and ears open. Low and behold, a shipment of lops (which didn't end up really being lops but who cares) came in and I fell in love again with this hyper, big personality-ed little "girl." I say girl in quotes because she ended up being a boy, which caused some problems early in the bonding process.

shnoz.jpg

Now, several months later, I have two happy, neutered boy bunnies who love each other and keep me company, provide hours of entertainment, and have made my life better in more ways than I could have ever expected!

I'm a bunny lover for LIFE!

fav.jpg

The above picture pretty much sums my bunnies up: Big Bunny looking mischievous while Pippy (whose ears you can barely see) is actually getting into mischief! And the below is the duo tearing apart their hay house :)

pipandbun.jpg

So, awhile back I wanted to try out the video recorder on my camera and see what I could get. I think it went pretty well! I have no idea how to edit videos and add adorable captions and music, but hopefully you'll enjoy watching Bunny play with his favorite spaghetti sauce lid :D This was when he was younger and had a difference enclosure. There was no Pippy yet!

[ame]http://youtu.be/aC0_WtvwTBc[/ame]

When I was researching more toys I could get for my buns, I read somewhere on here that there's this plastic bird toy that is very popular among rabbits. Well I found them, and those keys are both Pippy and Bunny's favorite! I will get a video of them flinging those around soon!

Oh my they are both SO handsome!! And the video of him tossing that lid around was hysterical. He almost looked mad at the darn thing ;)

How long will you be in Guam? I bet you do miss family and friends. Do you have any friends or people to keep you company? I'm so glad you have your buns :)

I'll be watching for more updates from cinnabun and pippy!

Thanks! :D

I'll be in Guam for one more month (HOORAY!) and then I'll be heading back to the states to stay with family while my husband deploys. Buns will be coming home with me too, so send good wishes for their first flight because it's a doozy!
I'm excited to get to show Wendell around Georgia when it's my turn to host him!

I will miss the military wives I have met here, but I am excited to get back to civilization. I am a city girl, so living on an island may sound exotic, but it gets small really fast.

Big Bunny is ready to go! :)

packing.jpg

So this week, I've been beginning to pack and get the house organized, etc. and the bunny's water and food bowls came in the mail the other day (the ones that bolt onto the kennel door). I washed them up, went into the bun's room, and filled them with food and water to try them out. My buns are very active in the morning until about 11ish when it's time for their nap. I got in there mid bunny 500 which was around 10, so I should've known...
I sat down by the kennel and set the bowls on the floor and started bolting the cup holder to the door. Also on a side note, Big Bunny has been shedding this week and has been quite the grumpy pants. So he sees me and hops out of his basket to come inspect what I am doing. Well, apparently he wasn't impressed because he immediately grabbed the water dish in his mouth, dumps it over, and slings water all over the place. He grumpily kicks his feet at me since he got himself completely soaked and hops off to get cleaned up. What a silly bun :innocent

boxes.jpg

My boys like to be IN things...in baskets, in boxes, in pillow cases, in litter boxes, in trouble ;)

Just a few more cute pics of my boys :D

My husband actually took this one with his phone. This is what we go through every night when we put the buns to bed. They have access to the whole house all day long, but rarely come out to run around. However, as soon as we put the gate up, they decide it's time to come out. Sigh. I have to bribe them to stay in there with extra treats before bed :)

bars.jpg

Like I mentioned in the previous post, my boys like to be IN things. Here's an example of Pip and one of his many boxes. This is the closest to "lop" ears that he's gonna get I think, even though I was told he was a lop bun. He's my little bat bunny! (sorry this pic is so grainy)

box.jpg

Well we had a bit of a scare this afternoon with Pip. This is the first time he's gone through a real shed, and it messed up his little tummy pretty bad. He is ALWAYS hungry, so when he didn't come out from under the bed when I came to give him and Big Bunny lunch, I knew something was up. I thought maybe he was being lazy, so I stuck my hand out to him so he didn't have to move. Nothin. He actually turned around, bum facing me instead. About an hour or two later, I tried again. Even tried some basil and a cranberry. Still no interest. Now I was getting worried. I noticed he was sitting in a position like he was trying to poo, but he just stayed there. And no poo came out. He laid down and got back up and switched positions, and I remembered reading on here that it means they have gas. Figures. With all the fur flying around. So I tried the simethicone, which normally he tries to eat the entire dropper because he likes it so much. NOTHING! Granted, it was a different brand because I couldn't find the usual. But Big Bunny didn't mind the taste. I had the hubby grab him from under the bed since he wouldn't come out for anything and put some of the gas drops on his paws (force feeding did NOT work for Pip). He still looked really uncomfortable and I knew he'd be angry with us for attempting to shove medicine down his throat. I ran to the store and found his regular flavored simethicone and he was MUCH more receptive to that! Thank goodness.

Sooo after a very worried mommy freak out, Pip finally pooped. And it was the smelliest one ever! I have never smelled poo like that. PU! It was really dark and full of hair. I actually think he chewed and probably swallowed a pillow I left on the bed. Stupid me!

Anyway, all this talk of poo and I was scrolling through my rabbits pics and found their litter box pictures. How appropriate for this post :)

"Yes, mom?"
poo.jpg

"Get that outta my face!"
poob.jpg

Thanks, Larry! Am I next on the list for Wendell?! I actually didn't even think about Stone Mountain, but that's a great idea! I have family very close to the mountain, actually.

Cute buns! Glad to hear Pip is doing alright. It always scares me when my own rabbits aren't feeling well. Hay is really good when they're shedding, lots of hay helps keep that digestion moving. Some people use papaya tablets, never have used them myself though.

Well, after an incredibly stressful few days for me and especially the buns, my boys have flown over 7800 miles and arrived at their new home on the continental US! They did way beyond stellar and keep amazing me more every day. I was so worried they wouldn't make it home, but I am not sad that I put them through the ordeal. I know they will be (and already are!) happier than they could ever haven been if they stayed on Guam.

They don't have free run of the house like they did in Guam because I am staying with family who have 2 cats and the opposite of a bunny-proofed house! They do, however, get to run around my room all day, and get to enjoy their bunny condo at night. This was my first experience building a NIC cage, and I have to say, I think I managed it alright :D

house.jpg

It has 3 levels, including the ground floor, which is made of linoleum tiles. The panels are covered in cardboard-wrapped fleece, so no feet can fall through. I used those connector thingies that came with the panels, but I also reinforced it with about 150 zip ties! I had to make 2 trips to Home Depot to get more!

Just like back in their home in Guam, they have a nice sheet under the bed that they can root around and snuggle in. They sleep there pretty much all day.

love.jpg

I had to really bunny proof this room. Along with chewing on the baseboards, the wallpaper was especially exciting for Pip to try and peel off. I had to take pieces of cardboard and cover ALL the baseboards, corners, and any loose wallpaper. That boy can really chew! Now that they've gotten used to the room, I feel comfortable leaving them out unsupervised.

box-1.jpg

Pip got tired of waiting for his orchard grass, so he decided speed things up a bit :)

I would not wish the stress of travel on anyone, but we made it through. The bunnies don't seem like they held a grudge at all, thank goodness :D

Holy nosebonks, awesome cage for your first go at an NIC cage. Im getting the itch to remodel or add on to add on when Archie officially moves in to Agnes's condo.

I still am just so thrilled that their flight went good. I agree that they will be so much happier with you vs staying in Guam.

By the way, are you happy to be back home? Is their anything that you have back that you missed while there?

Very very glad that the buns have settled in! I remember reading the thread about the whole ordeal and it was just awful, thank god that is behind you now! They sure are spoiled little buns with a great bun mother. I hope you will post often :)

I hope everyone had an amazing Thanksgiving! :D

This was the first one where we had ALL the family and extended family together. Well, of course my husband is deployed so he wasn't there. But he's actually never been to a family event with that side of the family since we've been married...Anyway, it was great overall. The only sad part was that my Grandfather had passed away back in March, so this was the first Thanksgiving without him.

Ah well. While we were gone, I boarded the buns at the GA House Rabbit Society for several days. That place is quite the facility! They asked if I had ever boarded my boys before, which I haven't. But I was sure to mention that they flew here from Guam, so they were tougher than the average bun. They sent me picture updates and let me email them to check up on my boys as often as I wanted. Very well done. And I had them trim their nails too, since I've gotten pretty bad at it! All in all, we are a happy bun family. :D

Here's one of the pics the nice lady at the HRS sent me:

boarding.jpg

So I saw a cat-tube play thing at Petsmart when I was there before Thanksgiving and thought I'd give it a whirl. Usually, if I buy things designed as toys, the buns don't give it a second look. But they LOVE their tube!

tube2.jpg

Tube.jpg

And here's a flopped Pip, happy to be home!

flop-1.jpg

mine can't get enough of their crinkle cat tunnel! I think I've got more cat toys in their pen than bunny toys, lol.

We have the exact same tube! Same color and everything. They LOOOVE it too :)

Latest posts

Back