Bunny Advice in Quarantine

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jovnn

Reaction score
My bunny’s sex hormones have started up and has been very noticeable these past few days. She’s been honking, pooping everywhere outside her litter box, peeing everywhere- all that good stuff. She has an appointment for a wellness exam to get spayed; however, with everything going on in the world right now, availability in vet clinics have been short and she won’t be able to get checked for another two weeks. She’s been free roaming around the house for a bit now and I don’t want to have to start limiting her to my room again but she’s been a bit messy and the family is not too happy about it. Is there anything I can do in the meantime to reduce her messy habits?
In addition, I’m afraid she could be uncomfortable during this- what can I do to relieve her of any stress/frustration she may be having until we can take her to her exam in two weeks? Any advice is greatly appreciated :)

Maybe you could give her a stuffed toy to get her frustrations out off? 😬
You can limit her space a bit, maybe into an xpen or enclosed in a bunny proof room if you have one. And then just let her out of the pen a few hours a day. Be sure to pick up every poop and thoroughly clean every urine spot that she makes.

Hey, I totally feel you! My bun was meant to be spayed a few weeks ago but the vet only does emergency surgeries now to limit face to face contact and my bun has been going mad! She is a free roam bun but I've limited her space slightly, and from what I've noticed she has decreased her bad litter habits, I would also suggest only giving her hay in her litter box areas, and also when urinates clean it up immediately using a vinegar solution so she can't smell it again and isn't encouraged to go in the same place, also maybe buy her a few new stimulation toys, like a digging box or a forage area so she can get rid of her frustration, but if you don't want to buy one you can definitely make you own, just get a few herbs she likes and sprinkle them is a pile of hay, if she has some preferred treats maybe put a few in as well, this should keep her occupied for some time. hope this helps :)

When I first brought her home last year she was going crazy over toys; however, now that she’s comfortable she doesn’t seem to care for them much anymore. I’m assuming she was interested in them much more before cause she was in a new environment and stressed but I’m not sure why she wouldn’t want to play with them now. 🧐
Both of her litter boxes are in my room, and that’s the only place I put her hay but she’s starting to poop all around the house and it’s becoming a bit difficult to keep up with >.< She even sprayed pee all over my sister yesterday LOL.
I have noticed that she wants to be rubbed much more frequently these days and it definitely surprised me as she normally doesn’t like to be handled much at all but if it’ll keep her mind off any frustration she may be having, I’ll give her rubs all day! I will try sprinkling herbs and dried fruits in her hay and hopefully that will keep her preoccupied. Thank you so much! 💗

If you wanted to encorage her to play with her toys you could make it more fun by hiding treats and things inside or even taking a few toys away and rotating the ones she has so she has 'new' toys that she can play with xo

Latest posts

Back