Bunnies

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DixonYJulie

Reaction score
Hi! I still havent gotten any pictures of myrabbits but I am planning to this weekend. One problem is that myfemale gave birth and im not sure what to do. Im not sure if they arestill alive or not because when I am not there my dad takes care ofthem.

Does anyone have any tips on how to care for baby bunnies? Also what are they called.

I have had rabbits for all my life but never thought of joining a forum and asking about them:?lol

Thanks,

Heather

A really good starting point for you would be toread this section in the RO library:http://rabbitsonline.net/view_topic.php?id=12047&forum_id=17

Are the male and female seperated at them moment? They needto be kept seperate at all times because a female is fertile at alltimes except when she's pregnant. She will be able to getpregnant immediatly after giving birth.

I would recommend looking into getting your bunnies spayed and neuteredto prevent any further litters from happening while you are notprepared. Unless you are breeding for a certain purpose likeshow, I would not recommend breeding. There are way to manybunnies in local shelters and rescues.

--Dawn

Yes they are both seperate andIdeffinately didnt breed on purpose. I guess my stepdad put themtogether for some reason, maybe to clean theirhutches,because I know I didnt. We have alot of rabbit cagesthough so we might be keeping them all. Deffinately not giving them toa shelter. :)

~Heather~

Have you ever considered getting your bunsspayed and neutered so they could live together and keep each othercompany? Not to mention the many health benifits as well.

If you have any more questions, please ask us! We understandthat accidents happen and that there is nothing that can be done aboutit now. Seeing your babies grow up healthy and happy, andrehomed into loving homes is the most important thing now.

--Dawn

Back