Bunnies only care about eating one treat...

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

blacksupra94

Reaction score
My bonded pair of bunnies love one " toy" only, this is resulting in them going crazy ( out of boredom) and destroying the house when they finish eating this treat.
The treat is the "edible http://www.bunnyrabbit.com/equipmentpix/SnakShak-log.jpg

They have other toys but chose to only chew on this , and obviously these logs are not that big so the are finishing them in about 4 days. Is there anything that will last longer and tastes good that these buns can eat?

i'd be worried about them eating honey and alfalfa constantly - alfalfa is only good for baby rabbits or aging rabbits or rabbits that need to put on weight.

i don't think honey is good for them either

i have no idea if this is good or not but thought id post the ingredients for others who might be more knowleadgable about this kinda thing....personally i want my bunnies to keep busy with hay or apple/willow tree branches.:)

Ecotrition Snak Shak log Ingredients::
Pine wood shaving, cassava starch, alfalfa straw liquid mix water, sodium alginate, potassium sorbate, propionic acid, honey, glycerin, propylene glycol. Guaranteed Analysis Crude protein min 1.6%, crude fat min. 0.5%, crude fiber max. 40.0%, moisture max. 10.0%.

hmm i don't know, some of those ingredients look quite dubious to me.... hopefully someone else can clarify.

if they are healthy and OK for a bun to eat - what an INGENOUS invention! looks so cool

I've searched a lot trying to find information. The thing that worried me was the pine content in it but apparently it's the aroma and dust that is harmful to the buns, this log has no aroma. I doubt there is enough alfalfa in there to fatten them up dramatically. My bunnies do keep busy with hay and apple branches but they will readily ditch the branches for this log, they will still spend time eating the hay however.

I would like to find a more natural alternative that is as appetizing for them so they will stop chewing some things in the house . Silly bunnies taking for granted that they are not locked up in a cage :)

We have two of those logs that are more than two years old and have been chewed on some. We have a lot of wooden toys including hanging ones and lots of paper rolls. Their favorite here is the cardboard boxes that the litter boxes are in and they love to play in the shredded newspaper that is in their litter boxes--I take newspaper and tear it into strips til I have the boxes completely filled. Also apple branches from tree.

Shredded newspaperhas always beena favorite for my bunnies. :) How about tying thick apple branches together with sisal rope? I prefer to keep most things as natural as possible though. It's a personal preference though. Plus, I imagine those logs are pretty costly? On the other hand, if they love it so much, can we really put a price on it? Hehe.

I need to find a live apple tree around here, should I go to a large nursery? Maybe i'll tie em together and put a little alfalfa hay in the center lol , torture

The logs are about $5 at wal mart

Latest posts

Back