Bunnies not getting along

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kukupecpec

Reaction score
I have 4 bunnies - Darla (SF), Poppy (NM), Sugar (NM), and Peanut (SF)

Poppy was neutered at his previous home but was being beat up by the other rabbit there. We adopted him to be the buddy to Darla who was still a baby, she was fixed and they bonded immediately, her young age likely helped.
We also have another pair, Sugar and Peanut.

When we moved to our new home we wanted to give all the bunnies the most space and freedom available so after about 8 months of a shared fence we put the pairs together. Darla simply does not like anyone other than Poppy, but she will tolerate Peanut - which is absolutely progress, but has taken over a year. They can share a bowl of greens but don't groom each other or snuggle. However the other three, Poppy Peanut and Sugar, get along fantastic. The three of them are often seen all snuggled and grooming in a trio. While Poppy remains buddies with Darla and will spend alone time with her, Darla is very mean to Sugar. This has been going on for quite some time and I just don't see much hope for Sugar and Darla.

I'm really struggling to find the best situation for all buns. What do you all suggest?
Options I've got on the table so far
- leave it as it is, buns will have a heirarchy and Darla will just always be a bully and Sugar and Peanut will always have to fear her to some degree
- separate the trio - Poppy, Peanut, Sugar - and get Darla a new friend (which may be dicey considering she has not made good friends with the other pair but may be open if Poppy is out of the picture)
- Separate back into pairs again (I hate this idea now that Poppy has made so many friends, and Sugar and Peanut are very happy with him)
- separate just Sugar who is the low man and get him his own dedicated girlfriend, and work on getting Peanut into Darla's inner circle

Any ideas or suggestions?

PicsArt_08-23-11.14.52.png
PicsArt_08-23-11.18.57.png
PicsArt_08-23-11.24.18.png

Last edited:
Back