BUNNIES IN DESPRET NEED OF HELP

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Purple Mountain Rabbitry

Reaction score
ok so I got these two mini rex a month ago yesterday from some people. well yesterday they had more babies up for sale normaly I wouldn't think anything about i but I noticed that every month on the dot if not sooner which I suspect they have new babies but its not just mini rex but angoras flemish lionheads? mixes thriantas ect. so I sent them a email asking for pics the ones they sent me the bunnies look underfed which mine were when i got them. the angoras fur was mated. they all look unhealthy. I am so afraid for these bunnies but I have no room to take any in right now. I was afraid they were a bunny mill and an email I got this morning proves it, I was trying t find out my babies' birthdates, this was the response "I have so many litters i am not sure which they would have been from." what shouldI do? I am just so afraid these bunnies will end up in the wronghands esp since theyare only asking a $3"adoption" fee with no care to as where they go. Crystal

contact a local rescue and they should know people to call. or local shelter even...they are there to inforce thesafety of humans and animals so even though their rabbits they have to look into it

I have been trying to find local rescues but i'm notsure where to look ides the phone book and theres none in there. I have no idea where these people live as i met them at a local college I do have their contact info and i kow they live in boise. thats it. our animal shelter is never much help and i dont know the one for boise. I feel terrible

Crystal

petfinder should have some listed. contact the closest to you and see what they can do, just any rescue in general should have contacts. try to get more information on them. DL #, full names, look up the number on google phonebook or something

its very strange that these people are breeding rabbits at such a rapid rate and then pretty much GIVING them away? ($3 adoption fee, wtf?)

is it because they just dont know how to desex rabbits or separate them or what?

when u have that many its extremely hard to seperate all of em...unless u have alot of space...once it gets to this point its hard to get it under control...poor bunnies...im glad ur doin something about it Crystal..:)

I never got a call back from anybody so I am going to call them back and see if they went out. they took the last of the $3 ones over to th Idaho center and sold them. However she stll has more for $10 and $6. Crossbreds, Dutch, lioneads, Thriantras, and mini rex. She know how to sex she just constantly breeds, she may sell for cheap but with te amounts she has it adds up to alot.

My friend and I are going to be going over monday under the impression that we are looking at rabbits for some younger 4Hers.

Crystal

Whatever you do, DON'T take any more of them! That encourages people, and gives them room to breed more. Contact a shelter, multiple if you need to, and convince them to at least go look at the rabbits. With the amount of rabbits it sounds like she has & the apparent lack of emotional care for them it cannot be a good place for a bunny to live. If the shelter((preferably shelters if you can- get multiple to go out and look)) deems it 'satisfactory' then try to spread the word to not buy from her and put her out of business.

I'm not planning on getting anymore, I had no idea when I got my two, but I am going to look at them. I'm gonna try and take pics under the impression of showing them to theyounger 4Hers. Once I have those I plan to get ahold of the animal shelters AGAIN, since I haven't got a reply, I left messages today,I can not find a rescue around here for rabbits.

Crystal

Lisa Thank you I will contact them monday after I go over so I can supply them some good photos and info and a name which she will not send me.

maxysmummy 4H is a national US organization.

4-H is a positive youth development organization
that empowers young people to reach their full potential. A vast community of more than 6 million youth and adults working together for positive change, 4-H enables America’s youth to emerge as leaders through hands-on learning, research-based 4-H youth programs and adult mentorship, in order to give back to their local communities.

http://www.4-h.org/

Latest posts

Back