bunnies fur

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It depends on the type of bunny my bunny has really soft fur and sensitive skin so i use almost a babys brush but if you had a jersy wooly or a bunny with a significant amount of fur you could probably use a cat brush.

terrie wrote:
thanks to you all!i have a hotot and a haraquin, witch one do you think is better?
What Meredith posted would be good for your bunnies. They have shorter hair and that's what I use for my short haired bunnies.

The slicker brush (wired) is also good but just be gentle when brushing. It is true that bunnies have thin skin and can be hurt if brushing too hard.

K:)

terrie wrote:
i do have that wire brush but some time think that its to hard even when i brush her gentle
I use it for Dobby, Kreacher and Willard, then use the comb. I haven't had a problem with it so far. The comb does a much better job though taking out the clumps of hair when my boys are really shedding.

K:)

I finally found, just yesterday, what seems to work with Honey, at least based on one use. It's a red velvet mitten [without thumb section, unfortunately]. The packaging is in my recycling barrel, so I can't tell you the name or brand, but it was in the pet section at Meiers.

Adding to my post above, no sooner do I shut down computer then I see the information: it's a Pet Hair Pick-Up Mitt by Evercare. It does have a hole for the thumb, which maybe is better than being made like a mitten. The mitt can also be used to remove lint from furniture or clothes. Hair is removed from the mitt by rubbing it in the opposite direction on a flat surface.

But when Honey is in full fluff, removing it is easiest by just pulling out the clumps by hand.

I just ordered the Hair Buster comb Meredith mentioned. If it doesn't work with Harvey I can always use it on the cats. Seems like they are always shedding.

I also have that Zoom Groom mentioned in the RO link. Works well on the cats (they will eat it too btw took the head off) I think I tried it once on Harvey. He gave me the stink eye haha.

Latest posts

Back