Bunnies eating everything.

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

hok9

Reaction score
OK, so i learned that bunnies are going to eat whatever they can find. I just want to make sure that it is not going to hurt them. Last night i let them out for their play time, I just forgot to clean the floors and their was food all over the place (from my kids). The thing they ate the most was cheeze its and a gummy bear or two (it seems that every time i let them out they find something, like pretzels or cereal). Are these going to be ok for them if this happens on occasion? I know this will happen again as my kids are starting to put stuff in their cage now and its just a short jump to putting their food in there.

I have heard people occassionally give their rabbits a piece of human cereal and salty snack food like cheezeits and pretzels. But I peresonally wouldn't make a habit of it because there are so many preservatives, oils and things that are generally not part of a rabbit diet. Plus all those foods are starchy and add extra sugar to a sensitive rabbit GI tract. A gummy bear would be concerning, I think - both because of the texture (I'm not sure a rabbit has the enzymes to breakdown the chewy stuff gummy bears are made of, it may or may not cause blockage?) and the amount of sugar in the candy.

The gummy bear was the only thing i was worried about. They seem fine and love the cheeze its.

Latest posts

Back