Bunnies & Cats??

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bex&2buns

Reaction score
Hey,

I know alot of you have cats and bunnies. How do they get along? My friends neighbour moved away leaving their lovely 12 month old cat behind and he has no home, and i'd love to give him a home but im not sure how a cat would get on with 2 buns and 4 guinea pigs... :(

Whats everyone elses experiences?

Bex

I think if you have a male bunny and he isn't neutered there could be problems. That's what happened with mine. My BunBun was being a nuisance with one of our cats. he wouldn't leave her alone and so she did what any cat would do when she felt threatened. so, until he is neutered, they are separated!

She is great with our baby rabbit because he isn't hormonal. she licks his head.

My cats are actually afrad of my bunny. Because she eats cats for breakfast ... (no, just kidding).

I don't let the cats around Sia unsupervised, but so far, they're good friends. She actually helped take care of a few kittens when the mothercat wouldn't.
So you probably shouldn't worry too much, but do introduce them properly.

My rabbit gets along great with my 3 cats, but it is defiantly all about the personality of the cats. Xander is never alone with the cats, it is still predator/prey relationship.

Oh, and male bunnies do get 'friendly' with the cats. Before his neuter I had to keep him caged as he was humping the cats too much and pissing them off. I saw my male cat try to nip Xander's ear so I kept the bunny away from the cats until the hormones calmed down.

Latest posts

Back