Bunnies and snow?

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MsBinky

Reaction score
Ok this is the dumbest question but...

Can indoor bunnies play in snow? Or is the drastic temperature difference from indoors to the outdoors too risky? Or are they simply not made to play in snow? Obviously i am not talking about -40 C weather. Lol. But like on sunny days when it's a bit warmer? I figure they can but I am so nervous about it :embarrassed:So I am taking advantage of the fact that my laptop hasn't crashed on me yet and asking all my questions now :tongue

Only for short times.

My indoor buns will be allowed to play in the snow, but I plan to fill a deep litter tray with it and put itin my living room, then they can go in or not if they want. Bunnies in snow are soooooooooooo cute :)

And it's not a dumb question, it's onyl a dumb question if you don't ask it :)

Flashy wrote:
Only for short times.

My indoor buns will be allowed to play in the snow, but I plan to fill a deep litter tray with it and put itin my living room, then they can go in or not if they want. Bunnies in snow are soooooooooooo cute :)

And it's not a dumb question, it's onyl a dumb question if you don't ask it :)

I would only take the buns out if the temp was at least 45F.....and then only for a short time.

The first winter we had the buns, we filled a big tray with snow and brought it inside for them. There was a thread about it with a bunch of other members that offered suggestions. If I can find it I'll post a link.

Remember, the cold is a concern with a house bun....and it's alsothe temp change when you bring them back in. It's best to bring them back in gradually..ie; enclosed porch, garage, etc.

Pet_Bunny....just to name one of the few....has some great pictures ofhis bunromping in the snow.

And I further agree with Flashy, in that there are no dumb questions...except for the one not asked ;)

Latest posts

Back