Bunnies and kitten food.

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Alexah

Reaction score
My baby bunnies (about 15/16 weeks) escaped during the night last night and had a field day with the kitten food. It doesn't look like they ate it as much as they played with it, but I figured I'd ask the question just in case. Will a few pieces of kitten food hurt my bunnygirls? And, for that matter, if anyone knows, will a few pieces of rabbit pellets hurt my kitten girls?

They're usually separate from one another, but the babies worked very hard to make their escape plan work last night. They're eating, drinking, pooping, peeing, and playing as usual, but I figured it wouldn't hurt to make sure they'll all be okay.

Thanks in advance!

I wouldn't worry about it. The onyl way it would really be harmful to them is if it was their primary food, which of course it isn't. Bunnies can digest meat, it just isn't as easy for them as plants. Besides, the primary ingrediant in a lot of cat/dog foods isn't even meat, it's corn or vegetables of some sort.

Latest posts

Back