Bunnies and Fleas

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SunKissed

Reaction score
I'm new to the forum and to bunnies in general. I haven't actually got a bunny yet, as I feel I should spend more time researching before I jump in.

Our other reason for waiting: Recently, we discovered our dog has fleas, and therefore, so do our two cats. (We keep all three animals on Frontline, but after speaking with our dog's adoption group, we found out that there seems to be a widespread flearesistance to frontline and other methods of treatment are necessary, and we will be swapping to advantix)

We have pretty much cleared the issue up, but we'd like a 100% flea free month before we bring another animal in. This whole situation got me thinking though. I'm sure bunniescan getfleas, but how does one treat them? I have never seen frontline for buns...etc.

Thanks! :)

luvthempigs - thank you! Guess I should have taken a better look at the library first.

As for the frontline, our adoption group hasn't quite figured out if its JUST a greyhound issue, or if other dogs are having the same problem. Greyhounds are such a different breed of dog, and things pop up more often with them.

No problem, I was actually editing some info while you were posting so you should re-read my post ;)

I hope you get the flea problem under control. You have greyhounds? I would love to see them. Maybe you could post in off topic when you get a chance?:biggrin2: I love when the rescue group brings them to Petsmart. They are such well behaved dogs :)

And you will not see Frontline for rabbits as that product is fatal to rabbits. At one time there was a warning on the package warning against use on rabbits. The best treatment for fleas (and other ectoparasites) on rabbits is Revolution. Some people have used Advantage and there is the old stand by Ivermectin but they bring more side effects than Revolution.

Randy

Latest posts

Back