bunnie im in need of

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

lionheadhope

Reaction score
I need a bun that could share a cage: with two female guinnie pigs share a house with: a cat and wont freak out or eat the: hamster if it comes across one. I would prefer it to be a girl and a lion head but any bun would be fine please give me pictures and how much you want them for. And please tell me if you are selling its cage with it if you have a spare cage please tell me the price if you have a pic of that please post it
must be around brighton,croghbroughect i need some were tat i can get to easly unless you want to drive her/him to uckfeild no just kidding maybe we can meet halfway:headflick:

lionhead hope

p.s: no old ones it would be to sad for me when it died,no large ones because i would like a small one, and is it a runnaway (does it run off if you put it in the garden on its own without you holding it all the time, no ones that bite, patience i have a sister who is four and a nephew who is 10 months i dont want one that bites.
:pleaseplease:

First off... just wanted to tell you that rabbits and guinea pigs can't live together. Rabbits have different nutritional needs to piggies. Another reason is because rabbits can get annoyed easy and kick the guinea pig with their strong back legs, hurting the piggie. Rabbits could also think of the guinea pig as a mate, and try to mate with him/her. Rabbits often bite other rabbits, trying to dominate them.

Here is the BRC (British Rabbit Council's) website:
http://www.thebrc.org/breeddirectory.htm?agree=0

If you scroll down a bit, there is 13 lion head breeders.

If you are looking for a young rabbit with a good temperment, it is probably best to buy from a good, reliable breeder in which you can trust.

Also - all lion heads are fairly small. Whether it is a mix breed or not :p.

When you put it your garden, it will run around and could escape if it found a way. Rabbits are extremely smart animals (you'd be suprised!). If you want to allow your bunny to run around in your garden for exercise, make sure that it is secured with some sort of fencing.
If you have grass, you might want to watch your rabbit from time to time because rabbits are great burrowers (as you probably know lol :p).
A run is often recommended:
rabbitrun03.jpg

url]

There is a UK website where you can get them for really cheap (costing anywhere from £20-300). I think hartleybun would be able to recommend you a good place :) PM her. Right now, I can't think of any other UK members lol!

Make sure that your sister and nephew (and other kids for that matter), know how to handle the rabbit properly.
Kids on my road who often see me with my buns, want to handle them. I had to teach them how to hold and pet them properly since there parents didn't teach them how to be gentle with animals :p

The lionhead rabbit generally has a great temperment. It's all down to the genes in my opinion :) Each rabbit has their own personality. Hopefully you find the right bun for you :biggrin2::wave:

ok thanks alot for the info i ment not leve them for a min or somthink if someone called you name and u turned round to c who it was :p. thanks for the info again im kinda new to this website and dont know much bout rabbits a freind told me piggies and buns could live together oh well ta again

Hi & welcome to RO! I wanted to also let you know that nicole is right about guinea pigs and rabbits living together. It's a myth that they should. I have in my house 13 guinea pigs, a dog, a hamster, a rabbit and 3 kids. The dog has free range of the house while the guinea pigs live in a BIG cage together downstairs. The rabbit lives in my daughters' bedroom w/ plenty of run room and the hamster also resides in the girls' bedroom but away from the rabbit.

Anyways, I'm not sure if you have a petfinder.com or craigslist.org but in the States this is where you can find people that need to rehome their pets or rescues/shelters that have what you're looking for. I adopted our rabbit off of someone trying to rehome him from craigslist.

As far as temperment, I love my rabbit but he's very cage aggressive. In fact, last night he bit me when I was messing w/ his cage. He didn't break the skin but he obviously was not happy w/ me. We're working on lessening this behavior but it's going to take time. Make sure whatever rabbit you adopt that you get to check him/her out first especially if you're looking for a more laid back bun.

I hope this helps. Good luck!

lionheadhope wrote:
ok thanks alot for the info i ment not leve them for a min or somthink if someone called you name and u turned round to c who it was :p. thanks for the info again im kinda new to this website and dont know much bout rabbits a freind told me piggies and buns could live together oh well ta again

Your friend probably assumed it because rabbits and piggies are so alike :p

Check your local pet shop and see if they have any good books on rabbits.

A library would be a good idea too :)
they have many books on rabbits where I live.

Latest posts

Back