Bunbuns is sick

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

~BunBuns~

Reaction score
Hi guys, Today before i left for the beach bunbuns was having his free time, when i put him back in the cage he immediatly slept and his ears were cold. I didnt really care so much, since i thought he was probably tired from runing and playing. So we left at 11 am and came back at 7pm. When i came home Bunbuns was in his cage sleeping. No poo/pee, he didnt eat his bananna, he didnt drink any water. no hay or greens were eaten. I got really worried so i syring (eyedropper) fed him water and he drank 2.5 ml of water out of the eyedropper.. What can i do? Should i crush his pellets and feed it to him. He seems like his been knocked out or something.. im thinking he was or is lethagic (sp?) can anyone help me out? What should i do?

Is it possible he could have gotten into something, like an electrical cord, house plants, etc? Any changes in diet?

What does his belly feel like? Is it hard and swollen, unusually squishy, etc.

Usually when my buns are like this it's a gas issue. Baby gas meds (simethicone) work great and can be found in any pharmacy. Check here for dosing:
http://homepage.mac.com/mattocks/morfz/rx/drugcalc.html

A gentle tummy massage can also help.

I'd try and feed him what ever you can get him to eat. Make sure he gets lots of water.

I think you might want to take hm in to the vet. It might not be anything, but it's definetly better to be safe then sorry.

-TK

I syring fed him some water, about 10 ml. He ate some craisons and alfalfa hay. He seems more active. Tomorrow im getting him pedialyte.

How's BunBuns this morning? I sure hope he's feeling better.

I know what you are going through my Wilbur wasn't feeling good last Saturday, I syringed fed him pellets and pumpkin. I also gave him the Oval (simethicone).

Good thoughts going BunBuns way.

Susan:sickbunny:

Latest posts

Back