Bunbun booboo

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Hello there,
I just joined this forum because I need some opinions on something that is going on with my bun.

First off, he is only 10 weeks old. I got him from a holland lop breeder and he is pedigreed.

I picked him up from the breeder 2 weeks or so ago and I found this lump on his tummy. I asked the breeder about it and she said to keep an eye on it.

Well last night I let him out for play time & I checked on it again & it had appeared to have popped. I cleaned it and put him in his cage to rest. Now today I felt it and it seems to have scabbed over but he still has a lump there about the size of a pea.

Opinions?

ThankyoImageUploadedByRabbit Forum1412814417.283866.jpguImageUploadedByRabbit Forum1412814393.171778.jpg

Pebbles, Peaches & Poro. 🐰💕😍

I'd keep an eye on it and if it becomes a problem then it's off to the vet. Ours get bumps and lumpy things from time to time but never developed into a genuine problem.

He has a vet visit scheduled for tomorrow but I just thought I would get some more opinions on it. Thank you so much! ☺️

Last edited:
Could it possibly be that one of his siblings nipped him there?

It's just that it looks a lot like what my one bun got on her ear when my boy bun nipped her accidently when her ear ended up in his food bowl. It scrapped over and then went quite quickly but there did seem to be a tiny lump there.

Took Poro to the vet today & found out that he has an infected umbilical cord. 😳 I didn't know that was possible. Doc gave me some antibiotics for it but if that doesn't help he is going to need surgery to correct it.. 😔 Praying for the best!

Looks like the antibiotics are working wonders! The bump has already decreased traumatically! Feeling a lot better about the situation

Latest posts

Back