bun prefers to eat hay that he's done his business on!

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

girlzilla

Reaction score
my bun has a litter tray with a hay feeder attached, so he can go potty and chow down at the same time on fresh unspoiled hay. yet he insists on eating the hay i use IN his littler tray, despite the fact he's plopped and wizzled on it! he knows very well that the fresh hay is there, it's RIGHT under his nose and isn't hard for him to reach. sometimes when he does decide to eat the fresh hay, he pulls it into his litter tray to eat so it too gets soiled on and thus defeats the entire purpose.

does anyone else have a bun that prefers to eat hay that they've done their business on? surely it can't be all that good for them!

looks like i might need to head to bunnings and get those wood fire pellets for his litter tray after all!

ps: er, that title should have said "done", not "gone". i kan spell reel gud.

I get this too sometimes! Silly bunnies! I can't imagine it tasting good!

Maybe they like the fact that it's wet? I know when my guys aren't eating, they'll eat damp hay.. maybe they think it's grass or something? Maybe try wetting your hay, but don't leave it with the bunny too long in case of moulding.

Back