Bun keeps attacking me

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jasminebunny

Reaction score
My bun , who was born here on the 24 or something keeps attacking us .
He lives with another bun called Lola and they get along well.
But he just tries to attack me

Hi
How old is your bun? Under what situation he tries to attack you? How do you know if he is attacking you or just approaching you? Does he behave in the same manner with other members of the family? Does that attack happens when he is in the cage or even out in the open/play area?
Sometimes he may just be approaching and we assume that he is trying to attack. It could be a territorial behavior if you are trying to do something to his residence. Sometimes if you approach him wrongly he may pose you as threat and try to defend himself by attacking.

Hi
How old is your bun? Under what situation he tries to attack you? How do you know if he is attacking you or just approaching you? Does he behave in the same manner with other members of the family? Does that attack happens when he is in the cage or even out in the open/play area?
Sometimes he may just be approaching and we assume that he is trying to attack. It could be a territorial behavior if you are trying to do something to his residence. Sometimes if you approach him wrongly he may pose you as threat and try to defend himself by attacking.
He's like 8 months and his cage mate is 4 weeks older than him.
He does it in the cage ( say when you need to pick him up for a healthcheck)
He'll attack your hand , but never bites.
He does attack everyone I think.

That's because you enter his territory and he is trying to protect it. You better open the door and wait when he comes out

So thats very simple, You are entering his territory without his permission. Try to soothe him and never approach from front. Never be sudden. Just sit for sometime near the cage, make him comfortable. Once he learns that you are not a threat, he will stop attacking you. Just move your finger gently on his head and just gently pinch his forehead hair or just move your hand gently over him. Once he has settled, pick him up gently.

My bun , who was born here on the 24 or something keeps attacking us .
He lives with another bun called Lola and they get along well.
But he just tries to attack me
Let him come out by himself. Rabbits can’t see straight in front of them until the object, in this case, your hand, is right by them which causes them to get scared. Let him come out by himself, if you have to, lure him out with some treats or veggies but don’t try and pick him up or touch him in his cage.

Latest posts

Back