Bun has no interest in toys or playing with anything?

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

lily2521

Reaction score
Does that seem normal? We've bought toys, he smells them and walks away. Chew sticks or paper bags, nope. I have wasted money on things he has no interest in :)

He will chew on a toilet paper roll, and he likes to chew the grass mat we got him, but he doesn't really play with them, he just chews away.

Is this normal, is this okay? I want to make sure we're keeping him busy and giving him plenty of play options. He's not even 2 years old yet, male neutered lop.

bun(s) are chew-a-holics ( they chew anything and everything that they some kind of interest in ) and I don't think that they have a monthly meeting for it anyway, besides US playing computer at trying to figure them out =0)

I noticed you mentioned a mat, I know that they have a cardboard house ( or a grass house .. ? ) that can be bought. or try surfing the net for something that he likes to chew on ( each bun is unique )

bun(s) are chew-a-holics ( they chew anything and everything that they some kind of interest in ) and I don't think that they have a monthly meeting for it anyway, besides US playing computer at trying to figure them out =0)

I noticed you mentioned a mat, I know that they have a cardboard house ( or a grass house .. ? ) that can be bought. or try surfing the net for something that he likes to chew on ( each bun is unique )

I was actually looking at either a Maze Haven or a Cottontail Cottage, maybe that might be a better option for him just to get some playtime in?

Y rabbit doesn't play with her toys either but she does chew a whole lot too. My rabbit is very picky on her chew toys but she seems to like an activity log I got her its a chew log/tunnel. She also likes paper towel/ toilet paper rolls, bamboo wicker baskets, and a butch of these little twig like things tied together with a rope like string!

anything to keep them involved ( heck me, I would get them both IMO ) =0)

I was considering getting both too actually! I keep comparing the two and can't decide between the maze and the cottage. I'm just sure if I want to spend the money to get 2 things though. But who am I kidding I'll probably cave and order them both :)

it wont work for every rabbit,but my binky loves playing with a pringles tube, she knocks it over and rolls it around,i think she enjoys the noise it makes when the old crisps knock around inside the tube to.
make sure to save your pringles tubes guys.:nod

Bandit doesn't often play with toys, more just knocks them around occasionally when they seem to be in his way. I have found the most popular toy to be filling a paper bag with hay and one craisin divided into a few tiny pieces. Roll up the top of the bag, punch a few small holes and Bandit will tear at it and toss it around for hours trying to get the hay and craisins out. The same is for hay in toilet paper tubes, for whatever reason it suddenly becomes more interesting if it's in a tube.

You could try feeding your rabbit's serve of pellets in a treat ball, so they have to push it around and work to get the pellets out. Otherwise I've found that Bandit can be encouraged to play with toys by stuffing leafy greens in them, no matter the toy it gets him used to interacting with it, and after a while they just go to play with it whether there's greens in it or not.

Bandit doesn't often play with toys, more just knocks them around occasionally when they seem to be in his way. I have found the most popular toy to be filling a paper bag with hay and one craisin divided into a few tiny pieces. Roll up the top of the bag, punch a few small holes and Bandit will tear at it and toss it around for hours trying to get the hay and craisins out. The same is for hay in toilet paper tubes, for whatever reason it suddenly becomes more interesting if it's in a tube.

You could try feeding your rabbit's serve of pellets in a treat ball, so they have to push it around and work to get the pellets out. Otherwise I've found that Bandit can be encouraged to play with toys by stuffing leafy greens in them, no matter the toy it gets him used to interacting with it, and after a while they just go to play with it whether there's greens in it or not.

Great ideas, we do have a treat ball, I'll try the paper bag, thanks!

My buns are the same: they love to chew but aren't keen on playing! To keep them busy I give them apple twigs; toilet rolls, (stuffed with vegetables inside attached to the x pen with natural string); cardboard boxes, (they love to make dens and chew them but make sure the cardboard is safe); wooden boxes, (they like to hide and jump on them); and wooden magazine holders, which I use as hay rack. Hope some of these ideas help... They're all relatively cheap so it doesn't matter if they get demolished!

My bunny, Violet is the same way as yours, its completely normal, I can't really say how my other bunnies are because I'm getting them on saturday

My guy likes a tea towel, he balls it up, pushes it back through his legs like he's digging. Or play tug of war with him. He's not a big chewer but he chews on the towel a good bit.

Latest posts

Back