Bun doesn't use his new soft bed...why?

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BunMomma

Reaction score
Hello, this is my first question. I wondered if WildBill would use a pet bed for lounging in the living room. I know he likes blue but I saw a very cute and "manly" forest green pet bed with bumpers so he can lounge and get back support. He's very healthy, I just wanted to pamper him a little.
I think he likes the new bed: he went in it, was trying to smooth out the bed portion (lol, so cute) and was kissing/licking it a bit. Then I saw him do a flop, but outside of his new bed. lol.

What could I do? Or should I wait and get him a blue one later? lol.

I got my buns a bed. They have hopped on it before because it was in the way. They don't use it. They simply prefer under the dining table or on the linoleum in the front hall.
So, yours may just have a preferred spot. Or, given time, he may decide he loves the bed. Every bun is different.

My rabbits just prefer to lie on the floor. I got Pepper a bed once and she just started ripping it up so I had to take it away. None of my buns will lie on fleece blankets either. They do sometimes like their grass mats for lounging though.

Mordecai never uses his bed either. He'll lie on a blanet or towel if one's on the floor however. His favorite spot to sleep however is in the corner on the hardwood floor so :confused:

Just depends on your bun and certain other factors. Rabbits dont do well in heat and do not like to be hot. If he's molting he wont be comfortable in it. You bun may just not like that particular bed. One of my rabbits prefers bits of fleece. One prefers these little orthopedic mini dog beds I found at petco. My third rabbit prefers to lay out on his ceramic tile. Just ended up waiting to see who liked what and spending a little extra on different things.

Oh well....thank you so much for getting back to me. We'll see if he decides to lounge in it. Lol. He just sat in it again n kissed the fabric. Lol

Back