bumps? or a misquito bite?

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mhiszxpinay

Reaction score
Today, I was holding Emmy outside. I wasrubbing her tummy and felt this lump..or bump? I dont know how toexplain it its about this big (( just like a lowercase "o" )): o

..i dont know if it is normal..is it a misquito bite?a lump? or a bump? I've tried researching it..and nothing came up thatdescribes what i felt or saw. Please help me!.:?-sghs-another worry condition about emmy.

Is it a teat? If not, it needs to bechecked out by the vet. Could be a bug bite or a harmlesscyst, but I'd certainly have it checked. If it's right at thebelly button, itmight be a small hernia -- unlessitenlarges and cuts off the intestine,it may not cause anyproblem.

Can you be any more specific on it's exact location and description.

Pam

Domestic rabbits generally have 4 pairs ofmammary glands (teats). This number may vary from 6-10teats. There are 2 rows of teats with 2 generally located atthe pectorals, 4 along the abdominals and 2 at the inguinals (groinarea). You'll note that they are located more along the sidesof the abdomen and not directly down the middle.

Pam

I've made the same mistake! :p

Rose

P.S.--male buns have little ones too, right? Bubby has teeny tiny nipples. :shock:

Latest posts

Back