bump in the middle of her tail

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jashaira

Reaction score
From the time that I got her Windy's has had a bump in the middle of her tail. Not too sure what it could be as I got her like that. It was bigger a few weeks ago when I got her then now it is just a small bump I thought maybe it was normal till I got Goliath and his is not like that. Anyone have a clue what it might be? I touch it and it don't hurt her so I am at lost.

Thank you

I just felt Willow's tail to see what it felt like ( I don't feel their tails often LOL :))
To be honest I have no idea .. but I would think that if it doesn't change or get larger that I would just ask the vet about it when you take her in ;I really don't know...

The most common reason for a bump in the middle of the tail is due to a broken tail. Other traumas to the tail can also result in swelling/infection.

Pam

A broken tail that is out of alignment or that has an obvious abnormality (big bump in the middle) would be a DQ - "if" the judge notices it. The rabbit would not be registerable.

Pam

Hmm. I think it would be good to have a vet look like that as it could be a broken tail, or an infected wound that has created an abscess.

Latest posts

Back