bump in the middle of her tail

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jashaira

Reaction score
From the time that I got her Windy's has had a bump in the middle of her tail. Not too sure what it could be as I got her like that. It was bigger a few weeks ago when I got her then now it is just a small bump I thought maybe it was normal till I got Goliath and his is not like that. Anyone have a clue what it might be? I touch it and it don't hurt her so I am at lost.

Thank you

I just felt Willow's tail to see what it felt like ( I don't feel their tails often LOL :))
To be honest I have no idea .. but I would think that if it doesn't change or get larger that I would just ask the vet about it when you take her in ;I really don't know...

The most common reason for a bump in the middle of the tail is due to a broken tail. Other traumas to the tail can also result in swelling/infection.

Pam

A broken tail that is out of alignment or that has an obvious abnormality (big bump in the middle) would be a DQ - "if" the judge notices it. The rabbit would not be registerable.

Pam

No this is a very tinny bump a quick feel you will never notice it. If you look for it then you will feel it. It is about the size of an penicel eraser or so. The tail has no bends or kinks to it.

Hmm. I think it would be good to have a vet look like that as it could be a broken tail, or an infected wound that has created an abscess.

Latest posts

Back