Building 2nd floor.

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DebsBuns

Reaction score
I'm sure this has been asked many times, but I'm very computer stupid and can't

find it. So. How do you make a 2nd floor? I have a xpen and for the two younger

buns I'd like to give them a 2nd floor.

Thank you.

You'd have to secure the pen in it's shape if you wanted a level to connect to that, or else if it got moved the level would fall and there would be lots of problems.

Though if it is secured, put dowels in where you want the second floor and put something stiff over it-I'd probably recommend plywood. Secure it all down and put up a ramp if it's too tall for them to reach. And put a 'roof' over it so they can't jump out.

Or, more simple method, put in a metal dog crate, secure cardboard or something similar on top, secure down a towel and voila! Not only is it a second level, but also a den!

I've seen people put cardboard castles in their xpens to serve as a second level.

Like this:

square_pen_alison.jpg

Hope that helps!

Rue

I'm about to actually build a second floor as well, though I have plans to build it out of wood and wire mesh for the sides, having one side be a door. Though with the xpen, if youwent that route, you'd probably want to make the wood one the bottom level to give it a solid base

Latest posts

Back