Bugsy and Neddy have an adventure

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

nangobi

Reaction score
I got a call about an hour ago from my next doorneighbour in a bit of a panic because there was a bunny who bore amarked resemblance to Bugsy running around their garden! He'dchecked the hutch and couldn't find Neddy either so rang me straightaway.

By the time I got home both rabbits were not only back in my garden butthey were sitting on the bank, right ontop of their hutchwith a 'Well we got this far and now we don't know what to do' sort oflook on their faces. They don't like being handled and I wasa bit concerned as to whether I'd ever get them back but one look at acauliflower leaf and they were mine!

Turns out that one of the panels on top of the run had partiallycollapsed (I noticed that it had broken a little last night) but whereIcovered the run with a sheet, the weight of the rain hadgathered in the dip and forced a large gap for them to get through.They'd climbed ontotheir bark hideout and then jumped up ontothe top of the run. I've no that thewholeexpedition was organised by Bugsy, Neddy will have just followed her -he doesn't have the nerve to come up with that sort of stunt on his own.

Neither seems to worse for wear, a little shocked actually Ithink. They just didn't seem to know what to do next oncethey were out. So glad my neighbour spotted them.Bugsy did have a tiny cut on her back paw but I've cleaned that up andshe's running around the kitchen now looking a bit shame faced butwithno lasting damage.

Phew!

Wow! Good thing they came back! I think my bunny would be crossing state lines before I could get back :? Glad everyone's ok!

"I don't even know how I got here, I must have been abducted!" :dunno"Honest!"

That is so funny. Those naughty little rabbits, :nonothey got out anddidn't even know what to do with themselves! Glad that you got themback home safe and sound.:happydance

~Star~

Got to admit, I was very surprised to see themboth there. I'd have thought Bugsy would have made a run forit and poor Neddy would have been following her even though he reallydidn't want to.

All the way home I was trying to prepare my daughter for theworst. She prayed like mad! We walk into the gardenand there they are.... All your comments on what they must have beenthinking are so true, honestly, they looked like they'd gotthemselves into a right mess and now just wanted to go home butcouldn't find a way backing the run!I do wish Icould let them run around the garden while letting them have their ownsafe access to their run but we have a lot of cats and big birds aroundso I'd worry about them too much.

They're staying in the kitchen tonight -I'll fix the run inthe morning. What sort of mischief will Bugsy get LittleNeddy into tonight while we're all asleep, I wonder?

Back