BUGS HAD HER BABIES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!~!~~~~~~~~~~~!!!!!!!!!~~~~~~~~~~~

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rabbitluvr04

Reaction score
BUGS FINALLY HAD HERBABIES!!!!!!!! They are soooo beautiful...i am so! excited, Thank youfor all your support..I hope the babies are ok. Should i bring themother and babies inside? of leave them outside in thehutch?

Aw, I am so happy she had her babies. I willleave the baby help to other people, since I have no hands onexperience in that field.. but be sure to post pics if you can! I amsure everyone here would love to see. ^^

~Nichole

AWWWWWcongratulations!!!!!!! I know you must be sooooooo excited. As far asbringing the babies in....If the temps arent too extremem I dont seewhat harm it could do to leave them in the hutch outside. I left Chloeand her babies outside. I thought about bringing them in but, youreally dont want to stress Bugs. Maybe someone with more experience cancompound on that. Have you checked tha babies to make sure there are nodead ones? How many did she have? It shouldnt hurt anything to checkthe babies. Bugs will recognize your scent and shouldnt hurt thebabies.

Lanna

P.S. pics would be nice. LOL

Don't know just how your hutch is setup. Depends on how much open area you have. I guessjust to be on the safe side, I'd say tarp it. You don't needcold rain on anybody.

- Dolores

Congratulations, Rabbitluvr04 and Bugs!!

I don't think I'd move the babies and Bugs. As Delores and Lanna said,as long as Bugs and they're protected from the wind and rain, the nestshe built for them along with her fur will keep them warm. They'llhuddle to the bottom if they get a bit chilly and work their way upwhen it gets toasty.

Definitely check all the babies as Lanna said as well. You have toremove any ones that didn't make it. As stated, Mom won't mind. A treatwill usually go a long way in keeping her happy and distracted. Be surethere's enough of hay and that she has pulled fur and put it in thereto keep them warm. If any fall on the wire or out of the nest, pickthem up and put them back in. If the babies aren't in the nest, Bugswon't care for them. Bugs will not abandon them if you touch them andyour scent is on them.

Give her plenty of food and water, and a lot of attention.

If you do use a tarp over the cage, make sure they have some good aircirculation and they stay dry throughout the rain storm and keep themsafe from drafts of wind.

:)

-Carolyn

Carolyn wrote:
You have to remove any ones that didn't make it. As stated, Mom won't mind.

some moms do!! Tank looked like she was either trying to eat me or beat me up when I so much as peeped in the box. I got sneaky.

:p

Rose

Latest posts

Back