Bud's new friend

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jace

Reaction score
Alright so today I had nothing to do and threwaround the idea of getting a friend for Bud since i'm gone a lot. Iwent out and got another cage and got it all set up and decided i'd gofor it.

The shelter didn't have any for adoption so I went to Petco again. Iasked them who knew the most about the rabbits and was talking to themand after playing with all of them I decided to go with the femalelionhead. She loves being held. I tried trancing her but I don't thinkI did it right, but she let me cradle her like a baby without any fuss.After I let her out the ground though (where Bud has his scent allover) shes being skiddish/curious. So i'm letting her run around for abit and letting Bud watch from the cage. I'm ganna leave themsepperated for a bit til Nanali has her home setup in her cage theni'll do the cage swap and then slowly introduce them. Any other methodsu guys think i might try? She is really submissive so it should go goodwith Bud always wanting to be Dominate.

MVC-030S.jpg

MVC-028S.jpg

MVC-029S.jpg

Aww she is adorable! Bud is one lucky dude ;)

As you said, just let her get adjusted. I would give her a few days atleast to settle in and everything.Is she spayed? If I wereyou, I would take Bud to the vet just to be 100 percent sure hes fixed.

Theres tons of great bonding info in our resource center. Feel free to ask lots of questions!

Good Luck and Congrats!

Yeah I just read through most of it. Nanali hasa little scar on her still so I know shes good. The guy at petco that Italked to knew a lot more about the rabbits and knew a rabbit-savy vetin town so i'm going to take both of them for a checkup here in a weekor 2.

thats great!

I love her name. When I found Mr. Tumnus I was hoping he was a girl soI could name him Nala (from the lion king). How did you come up withNanali?

Haha. Well anytime me and my friends play a gamewhere u need a name I can never really think of one. So I push buttonson the keyboard, take away any vowels and add in my own. Sometimes uget something u can't even say and other times u get a really nice petname. I like it more that it is more of a sound than really a name soits something that will be easily recognized by her.

Latest posts

Back