Buddy's cage!

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ZoeyGirl

Reaction score
I finally completedBuddy'scage and extended play area. I took these last night, so I don't have a pic of his new hay rack. I also need to buy more grids to add to the play area but I think he's enjoying this. Thank you to everyone for their help and support. Please let me know if what you think and any suggestions are welcomed.

Here's Buddy checking out the new area

Buddysextendedcage310jpg.jpg

Here's Buddy standing on his box house

Buddysextendedcage5310jpg.jpg

Buddy checking out the 2nd level

Buddyscage3310jpg.jpg

Buddy coming down from the 2nd level

Buddyscage310jpg.jpg

And Buddy 'hiding' under the 'step'

Buddyscage2310jpg.jpg

And just because I think he's just so darned cute, a picture of Buddy.

Buddy2310jpg.jpg

Wow~great job. I like how you have a shelf on top of the cage. Did you build the cage out of the shelves?

It's actually a shelving unit I got at Lowe's. I have 2 more downstairs that I use for the guinea pigs. I used to do only C&C cages for the guinea pigs but as my numbers grew, so did the space needed to house them and the cages didn't seem to be as sturdy. I found this shelving unit and I love it! It's 6' tall, 4' long and 2' deep.

For Buddy's cage, I didn't want to cut the board that came w/ the cage in case I needed to use it later. So, I purchased a piece of board from the local hardware store and I cut it to fit the second shelf. I also put down some leftover linoleum on it. And then I took the board that came w/ the unit and placed it behind the unit to cover some wires I have behind his cage.

Once I got all of the grids ziptied to the unit, I just had to figure out how to 'lock' the cage. I just used 2 zipties around the bottom of the unit's bracket and attached a clippy thing. Sorry I don't know what the official name of it is. :)

He seems to like it as well as the extra space to run around. I really need to get to a dollar store to get him some more toys. The piece of carpet that you can see in picture 2 was a dollar at the dollar store. I want to get another one.

Anyways, thanks for the compliments. I really appreciate it!

Latest posts

Back