Buddy doesn't like the green pellets

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Just Jack

Reaction score
The other bunnies may not be that big on themeither. Peg gave me some brown pellets to mix in with thefood and that's all Buddy will eat of the pellets.

I tested him and tried giving him a green pellet. Afterkeeping it by his mouth for awhile he picked it out of my hand and justtossed it to the ground. Then I gave him one of the brownpellets and he immediately took it and ate it.

I've pretty much always found that all the brown pellets have beenpicked out of both food bowls (girls & boys) and most of thegreen ones are left. Franky I know eats the greenones. He was eating them out of my hand.

What can I do about these picky eaters.

Side notes: they eat tons of timothy hay daily and their pellets are mainly made from alfalfa.

Will you be keeping them on this mix, or willyou be switching to something else? If you're going to beswitching to a different pellet brand anyway, then you could startsoon. Both of the pelllets are normal complete nutritionpellets, so it's not a big deal if he's picky about the onetype.As long as he learns to eat the brand you'reswitching too.:D

depends, eventually they will have to change tosomething different when they get old enough to switch to timmothy haybased pellets. I'm hoping they will like that change sincethey seem to love their timothy hay.

I don't know how to convince them to eat the green pellets.It won't be too long till the brown pellets are gone. What Iam trying to get them to eat is regular ol' Nutraphase RabbitFormula. They do like the lil cherrio shaped pellets that aremixed in there so they do enjoy that part of it.

Hopefully they will all start really eating all of the pellets insteadof just their favorite ones. They have had this type of foodfor awhile and I don't know what I would do if they just don't like itfor some reason and refuse to eat it.

naturestee wrote:
Will you be keeping them on this mix, or will you beswitching to something else? If you're going to be switchingto a different pellet brand anyway, then you could startsoon. Both of the pelllets are normal complete nutritionpellets, so it's not a big deal if he's picky about the onetype.As long as he learns to eat the brand you'reswitching too.:D
The problem is - the brown pellets are "calf mana" which I mix in with my food for weanlings....and nursing moms.

I'll say the same thing I said in the PM - let 'em go hungry for a few hours...they'll eat it.

I know - I'm mean.

Peg

Latest posts

Back