Buckley peed on me!

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

banyan

Reaction score
Oh jeez. :panic:

So I have an adult non-neutered male that I've had for about a year (since he was found wandering around a friend's yard). He lives free in my apartment. He has an area that's his, but he's not locked in a pen or anything. I can do this in part because for the entire time I've had him, he has never peed outside of his litter box. Until just now.

About half an hour ago (at 4:30 AM), he hopped up on my bed (which is not unusual in itself), and peed all over me and my bed while I was asleep. If this was just a one-time thing, then I can forget it, but I wonder if this is something I need to watch out for happening again.

My first theory is that it's because he's not neutered. The vet said that since I don't have any other rabbits (do have a cat) and he doesn't spray or hump things or anything like that, that I shouldn't put him through the surgery unless something like that starts. If this is something that might happen again if I don't get him neutered, it might qualify. Oh, but to clarify, this wasn't spraying, he let loose a substantial volume of rabbit pee.

My only other theory is that he had run out of hay and was trying to get my attention. In the past when he has been out of food he will act out by chewing something (a book, the carpet, etc) near me. I don't know if his rabbit brain is sophisticated enough to realize that peeing on me will get my attention, though.

Any experience with this sort of behavior? Anything I should do in response?

I have a in neutered male lop who Pee's on me. He's marking his territory. He pretty much said "your my gf" even tho the vet said don't fix him I would.

Sent from my iPhone using Rabbit Forum

I have an unaltered male who pees and poops on my bed whenever he goes there. He seems to think its a litter box, maybe because they bed is soft and has sheets and covers it feels soft and warm to him just like a litter box. My Ash will only pee on the bed not anywhere else. When I let him out to run around he never pees anywhere other then his litter box. I would stop him from going on your bed and see if he pees anywhere else if he doesn't then I think it would be okay to keep him unaltered. Altered males will live longer but its your choice weather you want to get him altered or not.

Man, that must have really sucked LOL. I suggest its time you snip those berries!

Chuchu really loves spraying my dog, then he plops next to her and they groom eachother (i have to take video, its hilarious). Needless to say he's getting neutered tomorrow.

Latest posts

Back