Bubba and Madison

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

chaplinaus

Reaction score
I have hada couple rabbits before, but never at the same time. I wasthinking of adopting from our local humane society and saw a couplerabbits that I felt a connection with. The trouble was thatMadison was a bunny that was returned because she didn't get along withthe other rabbits in her previous home. I felt such aconnection with both Madison and Bubba that I couldn't leave onebehind. That's when I chose to look around at forums likethis one and read up on bonding bunnies. I found some veryhelpful tools and tricks and after careful readingI feltready to bring them home. I also decided that there might bethe possibility that these two bunnes may never bond and that theywould always need seperate playtime. I chose to bring themhome and whatever happend, that's how our household was supposed tobe.

So for the first week they hadlarge cages next to each other in order to sniff out each other and getfamiliar. At the end of week one we all took a trip to thebath tub...they both were trying to figure out where the heck they wereand how to possibly get out and then they seemed to turn to each otherand just say "hey" and went back to their own thing. Of course I wasthrilled that there was no biting or fighting. We had themstay in there for about 15 min and at the end of the 15min I thought itwould be a good time to take them out and that would be enough fortoday...that's when I saw it...Bubba laid down and Madison laid downrightin front ofhim with no problem!!! Ididn't get my hopes up too much as I know of the possibility of thingsgoing backwards, but I was thrilled that the first meeting was filledwith good energy and no bad feelings.

Since then, Bubba has learnedthat Madison does not want to be mounted every 2 min, that she needscuddling time more, and he's also learned that wherever he will go, shewill follow. The two are the cutest pair and the best offriends. Today I moved them into the same pen area and gaveMadison a pep talk about how moving in with a boy is gong to change herperfect little world, and that I hope that it is for thebest. But if not---there will always be the other cage whereshe can run to.

So that's the intro story aboutBubba and Madison---pictures to come soon.

Bubba wasfixed in December and Madison was fixed in the beginning ofJanuary. I did make sure that they were ok to bond when Itook them to the vet.

Madison is pretty much litter boxtrained but Bubba only tinkles in the box he poops just about anywherein their area. I scoop it up and put it in the box hopingthat he'll get the idea, but it doesn't seem to click. Anysuggestions?

Thank you for the warm welcome!

Hey there welcome to RO!!:welcome1

Glad the bonding has gone well so far, hopefully it will continue that way!!:bunnydance: I am looking forward to pictures;)

Have fun!!:elephant:

Michaela:), Ebony:bunny5 and Pebble:anotherbun

chaplinaus wrote:
Madison is pretty muchlitter box trained but Bubba only tinkles in the box he poops justabout anywhere in their area. I scoop it up and put it in thebox hoping that he'll get the idea, but it doesn't seem toclick. Any suggestions?
Hi there and welcome!

Sounds like you are doing everything right. Have you tried putting alittle hay in one corner of the litter box? This helps encourage themto go in there.

Cant wait to see some pics of your babies!

Latest posts

Back