Brushing Bunny

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Once a week if not shedding, more often in season. But my bun *loves* being brushed. She closes her eyes and relaxes, like a human kicking back after a good massage or sauna.

I know who really runs this house, so I try to keep her happy! :)

Good point, my bunnies don't like being brushed (they much prefer my hand than a brush) so I don't brush unless I have to and with allergies, that means daily when they are shedding.

But if your rabbit enjoys it, feel free to brush often. I don't know if I'd brush daily when they aren't shedding though, I might worry about skin irritation.

I have a very soft brush and very gentle; mainly I groom with my fingers, though. Either way, she loves the feeling, and it was one good way of bonding with her. She seemed to be very accepting re. my grooming her, no matter how I did it.

The folks at the rabbit shelter where I got her knew that she enjoyed grooming sessions and encouraged me to pursue that once I had her at home. She was at the tail end (no pun intended) of shedding her winter coat, so I did a lot of gentle fur-picking. She wallowed in all that attention!

We have a grooming day everyother Sunday. That way we can groom all the bunns(4), check their nails and groom our cats(5) as well and make sure their nails are nice and bunny friendly!:D

I usually brush several times daily, but only for a few minutes at a time. Devon and Amber get very stressed when I restrain them to groom, so I get it in where I can. They will usually sit still when they are being groomed by the other (so that's when I brush).

I use a soft face brush meant for horses. It's very soft but the bunnies hate it. They also hate me plucking their loose hair. It would make things so much easier if I could just groom them with them sitting still!

Latest posts

Back