Brushing a rabbit who doesn't want to be brushed, but kind of needs it.

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

StormyB

Reaction score
Benny is a tan rabbit. Yesterday I laid down a black sheet for him so he won't chew my carpet. That sheet is now completely tan. He REALLY needs to be brushed, but he won't let me, be bites. I know I'm not hurting him, its a soft bristled brush and I haven't even touched his skin with it, just his fur. My poor rabbit looks like a cat got hold of him and ripped half his fur out, that's how badly he's shedding. Any ideas on how to get him to let me brush him? Both my other two rabbits like being brushed, but then again, before he went to the human society, he was at a farm, and probably not handled at all. The other two, I got from a lady who got them from a breeder and the lady was about to release them into the wild. They've been handled.

Stormy, A couple of things that have worked for me...put him up on the kitchen counter. My guy won't move when he's up there. If you have a friend that can help hold him that's good. Curve your hand around his head or have your cohort do that. That seems to settle mine. If it's the brush he doesn't like try a wet paper towel.

Similar to MaryAnne, I pop my buns on my lap and sit in a different room, so they're not tempted to jump down to the other one.

Latest posts

Back