Brown Rabbit

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bunnynoses

Reaction score
Does any one have a brown rabbit? I never seen a brown rabbit before, besides a wild one, I have a grey rabbit when I was very young. One of the babies of five is going to be brown, and I rescued the mother from outside and was pregnant when I got her. Don't know who the father is or what color he was. The other babies are white with black, grey or brown, I will post a picture soon.

Thanks

Do you mean agouti?

Dexter_zpse1616afe.jpg

My disapproving Agouti, Dexter

Last edited:
Do you mean agouti?

View attachment 3567

My disapproving Agouti, Dexter

Yes, I did some research, saw that color, he will probably look like that, I will post a picture soon, he is only 7 days old.

So they are called Agouti and not brown, I saw a lot of different colors and what they were called, I am researching rabbits everyday and have learned a lot. I did have a rabbit about 15 years ago that I found outside, he was a white with blue eyes netherland dwarf and I had him for 12 years. So I was a little rusty on caring for bunnies.

Does any one have a brown rabbit? I never seen a brown rabbit before, besides a wild one, I have a grey rabbit when I was very young. One of the babies of five is going to be brown, and I rescued the mother from outside and was pregnant when I got her. Don't know who the father is or what color he was. The other babies are white with black, grey or brown, I will post a picture soon.

Thanks

This is Olivander, we call him Ollie. He is a 3 year old Holland Lop buck "o)

2012-09-03 13.19.08.jpg

We had a mini/nethie mix that was Chestnut Agouti just like the bunnies in the 7 up super bowl commercial from several years ago. We have a dark brown mini Rex--she's so dark that you have to see her in the sun to tell she's really brown as she looks black in low lite conditions. We also had a "Tort" like the one above named Ted and he slept about 21 hours a day.

Chestnut agouti as far as the color name can actually vary a lot it definitely depends on the breed of rabbit. If its a mixed breed then chestnut agouti would be the right name but different breeds call it different things

I have a chestnut agouti.
Also I have a Siamese sable
rjieew.jpg

The baby in the picture is definitely a chestnut agouti :) so cute

Siamese sable is more the correct terminology for the color. The rabbit should be darker than the rabbit pictured above but they can vary alot in shading. It depends on the genetics. Just saying sable can be confusing since there are other colors with that in the name such as sable point being an example. Also another color is sable marten.

I would actually question if the rabbit pictured above is a sable point but it could be the lighting or just that she is really lightly shaded. Heres a siamese sable wooly:

Lovinamist.jpg

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back