Brought home my bun!

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Marrie

Reaction score
Newest bunny member of the forum:

Powder

Just brought him home from the shelter. I was going to adopt a pair of females that are in foster care, but this bun was in the small metal cages at the humane society since October 19th! People found him "scary" because of his red eyes, bleh. I think they are cute. So we brought him home instead.

It took about 15 minutes for him to decide to come out of his carrier, but then he went exploring around the house. Right now he's hiding under my birds cage. But he's already done a binky!

Thanks. He's running around scaring my poor cockatiel trying to sniff him hehe he's so smart too, he started chewing on the wood trim and I said his name, he looked at me, I told him no and he walked away from it.

Yeah, I love his eyes, I don't care that they are a little bit odd looking compared to the brown eyed buns they had there. :D So sad he had to spend 6 months in the shelter because people were scared of him, he's such a sweetheart!

Today he's calm enough to come up to me for pets, he only messed in his litterbox over night in his cage (yay) and after 3 1/2 hours out of his cage running around the house the only mess he made was a few pellets left on the carpet. But I kinda expected that, since I read they will mark their territory that way. He still hunkers down if you approach him because in the shelter if a person walked up to him, it meant being picked up, but I think he'll get over that pretty fast. He LOVES veggie treats already (fresh carrot or greens as treats) so I have something I can bribe him with for training.

Not that he needs much training... tell him "no" and he instantly stops whatever he's doing. He knows his name and responds to it. And he's using his box. :)

He is scaring my bird every time he does a binky though *giggles* he did them all around the living room after he was sure we weren't going to hurt him, for like 3 hours he'd run around binky, go lay down and chill, run around and binky... omg so cute!

He's adorable. I have a small REW bunny Buttercup (yes a boy bunny the gender fairy struck).

Is his name Powder? I like it. Like Baby Powder.:biggrin2:

Isn't seeing a bunny doing a binky exciting? I love watching mine run then jump up in the air, especially Winston. He's kinda bowl legged. His nick name is Daffy as in Daffy Duck because hehops funny.

Looking forward to more pictures of your Beauty.

Susan:)

Yes his name is Powder. He came with the name and he already knows it, so we'll keep it. He comes if called and saying it makes him stop what he's doing.

And yes! Binkies are so cute! He's being so good with his litterbox use I let him back out this morning after I had breakfast. If he has an accident or two i'll clean it up, but so far he's gone back to his box every time. :)

I need to get a new camera, mine broke (ugh) but I promised the shelter we got him from pictures for their wall, so i'll get one soon.

They gave us a carrier for him as well, since he was so big they said a box wouldn't be safe (which I agree). And they wouldn't let us pay them for it, only charged us $10 adoption fee as well (even though their site lists the adoption fee at $15). So I think we'll be making a carrier-priced donation to them on payday. :)

Agree jujub:) especially since he slept under my chair most the day evening (or under the desk), followed me around the house running circles around my feet if I stopped and when I put him to bed came up to the cage edge to get pets! :D

Back