Broken toe/paw :(

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Laura stone

Reaction score
Hi everyone, first of all can I just say how glad I am that I found these message boards. It is been a great source of comfort and peace of mind as a new bunny mummy :)

However, I am very worried about my 6 MO lionhead Clive.

He has done something to his foot, it looks almost as if his toe is dislocated!
Can anyone advise or have any idea how this has happened? We have a vet appointment for this Monday booked but do any of you think I should take him ASAP? I have attached some pictures.
Many thanks :(
Laura

Attachments

• 51A08074-6CC7-4A9B-9C55-1A342456FDA7.jpeg
    51A08074-6CC7-4A9B-9C55-1A342456FDA7.jpeg
    59.4 KB · Views: 11
  • 092561F2-9641-4B38-9A0D-E84533AF29C3.jpeg
    092561F2-9641-4B38-9A0D-E84533AF29C3.jpeg
    62.3 KB · Views: 12
If you can get him seen sooner, I would. If he's not eating or not eating well due to pain, get him in immediately. Otherwise, if he is eating fine and you can't get him seen sooner, I would restrict movement so he doesn't further aggravate the injury, and just ensure he continues to eat, drink, and poop normally.

I’m going to ring up tomorrow and see if there are any cancellations or I’ll take him elsewhere.

He’s eating everything a bit slower than normal but hasnt touched his hay at all.

I’ve googled it it does look like he has broken it somehow. He’s been in his pen all day so I have no idea how he’s managed that, there is nowhere for him to jump off etc..

Thanks for your advice :)

I agree if you can see the vet any sooner that would be ideal. This kind of injury can be quite commonly caused by getting a paw stuck in the bars of the cage, so that might be the reason here.

Thanks everyone for your advice. We managed to get him seen this morning and the vet decided best to amputate :( going to pick him up later! Xxx

Back