Bringing rabbit inside

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

India

Reaction score
Hi

I think my rabbit, is pregnant if she is they will be duethisweekend,or early next week.I was just wonderingshould I leave her outside in her hutch, or bring her inside in the dryand warm, I have a cage I can put her in. I was just thinking of thebabies, incase they get cold and freeze to death.

What do you guys normally do. With the nest box, do you put hay in it or do you let the mum to be do that.

This will be my first ever litter, if she is pregnant, can anyone give me some tips.

How cold is it where you live? If youbring her in, you can't put her back outside until it gets to at least50F. If it is 40F or higher, they should be fineoutside. If you have doubts, bring her in.

Sharon

its between 8 and 10 degrees over here at themomentim not to sure what that is in faranheit mind you thetemperature goes up and down like a yoyo over here. :colors:

Hi i bred as well and although my buns have anice shed witha heater it can still be too cold if its a small litterits a bit easier to keep an eye out in the house as long as your bun ishappy in the house move her sooner rather than later though as if itsher first litter they can nest a bit early and you don't want todisturb it too much if poss.

YOu can also bring just the nestbox of babies inside, and take it out to the mom for her to feed them once of twice a day.

Latest posts

Back