Brindle is not acting like herself..

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JimD

Reaction score
Good morning All!!

I've been real busy the last few days and haven't really had time toparticipate as much as I'd like to. Besides...just keeping up with theposts is a big task in itself? By the time I catch up, there's 10 newposts!

Brindle is not acting like her usual bouncey-hoppy-binky-nuzzley-"comepet me"-"let me out of my cage now" self, since last night.

She seemed ok when I went to bed. I had given her some fresh hay, 2small raisins and a tspn of oats (The latter two were devoured inminutes).

This morning when I checked on her, she just kind of laid on herblankie and didn't greet me like she usually does. I opened her cageand usually she comes over for the morning "bunnie-rub". She was layingstretched out and really didn't move, so I rubbed her tummie. She stilldidn't move much.

Her ears are up, she seems alert, eyes and nose are normal. Her tummieseemed fine, not hard or bloated. Her hay was mostly gone and abouthalf of her pellets as well. She's drinking normally. I'll have toclean her cage to check poops and pees (will do that tonight when I gethome).

My daughter (I Luv Mah Buns) said that Brindle bit her late last night.She was rubbing her nose and she got nipped pretty hard. Not a normalthing for Brindle to do. Danielle just closed the cage and left heralone. No scolding or disciplining.

I'm just concerned.

Everything seems to be normal...except for her usually good attitude.

We'll just keep an eye on her for now.

:(

Jim (concerned bunnie daddy)

Very possible. I strongly believe that bunnies have those emotional capabilities, as well as many others.

Hopefully she's just feeling out-of-sorts and will "bounce" back.

Extra bunnieluvin in on the agenda for this evening, too.

Jim

Hello My Friend!

Agreed that sometimes they just get under the weather. I alsowonder if she may have pulled a muscle or hurt herself in some smallway. I'm sure you have already given her a good check-over,Jim, but if not, just make sure that she doesn't have any cuts, checkher range of motion, check for any bumps, look at her teeth, and as Pamsaid, carefully monitor her eating and make sure she's doing herdoody.

She may just have been feeling lazy or not want to have beenbothered. Lately, with this weather we're having and it beingthe dead of winter, Tucker and Fauna hide away in their nestbox for themajority of the time they're in their cage.

Do keep us posted. I'll say a prayer that she's back to herself this evening.

-Carolyn

Thanks everyone!

I'm thinking of going home at lunchtime and checking on her.

Jim

PS>> Lookie...my new avatar. I think I'm finally getting the hang of it :)

WAY TO GO, Jim!!!

It's an adorable Avatar!!

Let us know how it goes at lunchtime, Jim.You might as well check her tail and ears for parasites too.

-Carolyn

Thanks Carolyn!

I checked her ears yesterday before she was acting weird. I didn't havea reason to...I just like bunnie ears :p. But, I'll definitely take acloser look today.

Danielle cleaned her poopie butt just the other day. It wasn't that bad. I'll check her over again, though.

She seems to get a buildup around her scent glands by her tushie. Isthis normal? Some of the other buns (male and female) get it, too. Andit's really stinky. The 2 that are not neutered don't seem to get thesame build-up.

I'm really hoping I can get home at lunchtime.

Yes, that's normal, Jim. Some rabbits get that worse than others. You can clean it up.

Ihoping she'll be back to herself when you see her at lunchtime. Do keep us posted.

-Carolyn

Thanks (again) Carolyn :D

Danielle was concerned about the buildup, too.

I think someone (maybe Pam?) mentioned using babyoil to clean her.

We've been using cottonballs and warm water. Would it be ok to use Q-tips if i'm careful?

I would use Q-tips, Jim.

Oil can get messy. Warm water should do the trick.

:)

-Carolyn

Jim, I swear it's the weather! Bonormally leaves smoke hauling butt to the door if he's getting out toplay. Yesterday he didn't want anything to do withplaytime. He was in his bed, he was snuggled in, and warm....no thank you Mommy...

He's absolutely fine. He's eating, drinking, peeing, and pooing.

I finally got him to come out for a bit, and he wanted to bepetted. He didn't do a bunch of running and checking thingsout.... he stayed right with me and kept pushing my hand to pethim. I ended up grooming him quite a bit because I found he'smolting AGAIN.....

After that, he hopping down, got a drink, ate some pellets, and Iexpected him to come back out and play..... nope..... he did a rollingflop into his beddie bye and off to sleep he went.

Of course, when I went to bed, he acted like he was disappointed.... he wanted out then... LOL

JimD wrote:
Verypossible. I strongly believe that bunnies have those emotionalcapabilities, as well as many others.

Hopefully she's just feeling out-of-sorts and will "bounce" back.

Extra bunnieluvin in on the agenda for this evening, too.

Jim
I believe they do too. Hopefully she's just having a "bad day." I'llsay a prayer for her. Hope she's back to her normal self soon.

Lanna

I just got off the phone with the Missus.

She said that after I left for work this morning Danielle took Brindleout out her cage and let her run around in her bedroom. She said thatBrindle did appear to be a bit subdued, but otherwise was normal.

It doesn't look like I'm going to get out at lunchtime. I'll have towait until 2:30 when Danielle gets home from school. I'll call her thento get an update ***deep breath..crossing fingers...saying prayer***

Jim

Don't you just hate it when you can't get to them right away?!

-Carolyn

JimD wrote:
I just got off the phone with the Missus.

She said that after I left for work this morning Danielle took Brindleout out her cage and let her run around in her bedroom. She said thatBrindle did appear to be a bit subdued, but otherwise was normal.

It doesn't look like I'm going to get out at lunchtime. I'll have towait until 2:30 when Danielle gets home from school. I'll call her thento get an update ***deep breath..crossing fingers...saying prayer***

Jim
Was it Brindle that Danielle nipped her nail too short? Could she just be a bit scared still?

sandhills_rabbits wrote:
Maybe she's feeling ashamed and guilty for biting yourdaughter? Maybe she's feeling that she has been "wronged" in some way?
That's a very good possibility. Bunnies tend to holdgrudges. I know mine do. Also, it's not uncommonfor bunnies (esp. females) to be a bit moody.

P.S. I can't remember the last time Lenci did a binky for me. It's gotta be the weather.

Back