Brindle having an off day???

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JimD

Reaction score
I may be headed to the vet with another sick bunny.

Status before I went to work:
Brindle didn't finish her dinner last night and turned her nose up at breakfast.
It doesn't look like she's eaten any hay.
I can't tell if she drank much.
Her litter pan was pretty full from the day before, but I don't know what output she's had since yesterday.

When I got home things were the same.

I opened up her pen to let her have some runtime.
She really didn't want to move around, but I coaxed her into a couple of laps around the run.
She ate like two rolled oats, a couple of very small pieces of papaya, and drank a little water.
Then she proceeded to groom for 15 - 20 minutes, fluffed her blankie, and went back to lounging.
I left her alone for a bit and went back to check on her to find that she was out and exploring a little....of course she ran back in her pen as soon as I saw her.

Her belly feels a little bloated, so I'm guessing that it may be a bit of gas.
She's always been able to work it out, but I may have to help her along with some simethicone.

I hate it when one of the buns is having an off day and I really can't figure out exactly what's bothering them.
I wish they could take their little paw, point where it hurts, and tell me what's wrong.

I just discovered a large piece of dried poop matted into her tail and tushy.
Her scent glands were almost impacted as well.
I'm a bit surprised, as I just checked her a few days ago and she looked pretty good.

Maybe this was the issue??

She certainly looks like she feels more comfortable now.
She's out of her pen and lounging in the run.....one step at a time.

***crosses fingers***

When my guys have a bit of a tummy upset, it often results in a few irregular poops and then they're fine. Of course they're not happy whenit sticks to their behinds! (I wouldn't be either). Whether they're more uncomfortable before or after, tho, is the classic chicken or the egg question.

Glad she seems to be feeling not too bad! You've had enough to deal with.

sas :hug1

Pipp wrote:
You've had enough to deal with.

Thanks sas!
Sometimes I get so focused on one buns problems, and I overlook the subtle issues of the others.

Brindle seems to be doing better.
I've been shooing her around the run every time I go into their room...keeping her up and moving.
I changed and/or cleaned everything she has, and gave her a clean blankie.
There are about a dozen poops in the run, and a nice little pile in her litter pan.
I've seen her drink a little...and caught her munching on hay, too.
I even saw her eating some of her dinner...I'll check to see what she picked from the bowl.

Her tummy even feels like it's a lot less bloated.

I'll most likely check on her throughout the night, but I think she's going to be okay.

I probably overreacted....but better safe than sorry.

~Jim

JimD wrote:
Pipp wrote:
You've had enough to deal with.

Thanks sas!
Sometimes I get so focused on one buns problems, and I overlook the subtle issues of the others.

I'm glad that Brindle sounds better Jim!

When Babette was really sick I really missed Gabriel's slow decline (it may not have helped anyway but it makes me feel sad :()

it really is hard to focus really well on more than one!

Back