Breeding time

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

LeelowsBunnies

LeelowsBunnies
Reaction score
Hello as my Rabbits are housed indoor I can breed all year round without the fear of the heat or cold getting my babies.
Because all my breeders were babies during the normal breeding season for most breeders in south australia that I know. I had to wait till they were at least 5 1/2 months before I even considered breeding. And coming up summer they are now old enough, my two Mini Lops that is.
So I bred Storm and Jessica together and I am hoping for all REWs, there is a chance of some sables like the Sire but with all the REW in his blood line shouldn't be a issue getting some, as the doe is REW anyways.
Both the doe and buck are very good show quality Mini Lop's so I am hoping for a good Kit to retain in the litter. I will be retaining a Doe, because I love the dewlaps and the look of the Doe I have now. I don't intend breeding with the Kit though. I plan on getting her desexed and teaching her to do Jump's and sit nice for shows. I wont be ringing her as I'll wait till my first year of being in a Club. Here are a picture of the Buck and Doe I mated :D
DSCF0004.jpg

DSCF0024.jpg

Out of curiousity, when you say breed indoors do you mean a seperate structure like a garage or basement or within the house? If so how many buns do you keep?

Indoors like in my room lol I have two mini lops inside only.
My room is built in a shed so there is also a area still near room were rest of rabbits are. Ill post Pictures if u like.

Ok, I ask because you said you might or want to do some showing, and up until now I thought that's difficult if you have only two rabbits and trying to establish your own line. I personally wish I could get involved, but I live in an apartment and even if I had the space I wouldn't know what to do with the extra rabbits who wouldn't go into my breeding program. I mean I have ideas, but none that would sit well with my wife.

Sent from my iPhone using Rabbit Forum

If the buck also has REW in his line, like a parent or grandparent, then you have a good chance of getting a REW offspring.

I'm curious, what does the term "ringing her" mean?

If the buck also has REW in his line, like a parent or grandparent, then you have a good chance of getting a REW offspring.

I'm curious, what does the term "ringing her" mean?

Like making her Rung with the metal bracelet thingy lol
Rather her unrung in shows so she can be desexed

Ok, I ask because you said you might or want to do some showing, and up until now I thought that's difficult if you have only two rabbits and trying to establish your own line. I personally wish I could get involved, but I live in an apartment and even if I had the space I wouldn't know what to do with the extra rabbits who wouldn't go into my breeding program. I mean I have ideas, but none that would sit well with my wife.

Sent from my iPhone using Rabbit Forum
Because Im keeping one of the kits when shown it will be under my stud name
And i am starting of small breeding as i dont want to go over my limits with money etc lol this way bunnies can have more me time as well i cuddle all my bunnies lol

No longer plan on getting doe i retain desexed instead add to breeding program yay stay tune till Jessica has a litter

Latest posts

Back