Breeding these two together? *pics*

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ChocolateBunny

Reaction score
Hi, So Iv been looking into breeding a pair, just two. I wanted a pair I could show and breed to make good babies. I'v done lots of research on breeding and found two great bunnies with good pedigree's that come from good lines that seam like they would be good for what I am wanting to do.

I wanted to see what you guys thought about these bunnies I am considering getting to pair together. I wanted you to give your opinions on type, colors, ect.

Also, I will include what colors there pedigrees have in them. I really hope someone can give me an idea of what color the babies will be.

Here is Glacier: She's a charlie frosty and she has Orange, Chocolate Chinchilla, Blacks, BEW and Frosty in her pedigree.

And here is Monty: He's a broken sable marten and has Sable Martens, Blue Otter, Sable Point, Himalayan Blue, Blue Tort in his pedigree.

I dont know much about hollands but i can help with the colors.
How much chin is in the frosty's background. I would be weary of breeding it with a shaded

Crossing Agouti & Shadeds is not a good thing you will get unshowable colors and will produce pets. Stick with either agoutis or shadeds try not to mix the two.

well if you got any agouti colors they probably wouldn't be any good. As in the rings would not be good at all or you can get harlequins.

Tobi wrote:
Crossing Agouti & Shadeds is not a good thing you will get unshowable colors and will produce pets. Stick with either agoutis or shadeds try not to mix the two.
I don't know about Hollands but you CAN show shaded agoutis in Mini Lops and I know they share a lot of the same colors. The top one looks like it has a little bit of a low shoulder and the bottom one looks a little under cut. Check the bottoms ones feet and see how straight they are when it's on it's back... It could just be how they're posed in the pictures though.

unfortunately, just checked the standard and shaded agoutis are not currently showable in hollands.

Type wise, I don't like either that much. The buck I would like more as a doe, and the doe... I can't stand shoulder dips, they're like impossible to breed out.

Ok, what color babies would I get if I bred monty, the broken sable marten buck to a doe with nothing but blue, broken blue, and some lilac in her pedigree?

I believe you would get selfs black blue (possibly dilutes if the buck carries it) shadeds siamese sable, smoke pearls and if you breed broken to broken you can get charlies.

What colors are you wanting? We can help you get an idea of what parent colors you should be looking for

Latest posts

Back