Breeding question

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

AceAndIvory

Reaction score
hello all! These are my 2 Holland lops I plan to breed I know my female is a BEW and was told that both rabbits carry Vienna.. but what color is my boy considered ? He’s all black with the small white dot on his head And his paws are white on the bottom. What are the possible colors I may get when I breed them? And are these 2 colors good to breed together?

Thanks, pictures attached

Attachments

• 00602CBF-2B59-4487-9FD2-3EB49552D6DF.jpeg
    00602CBF-2B59-4487-9FD2-3EB49552D6DF.jpeg
    34.6 KB · Views: 6
  • 9BD264A9-191F-4A4A-A78C-134A898DC36C.jpeg
    9BD264A9-191F-4A4A-A78C-134A898DC36C.jpeg
    20.8 KB · Views: 9
Last edited:
What background have the black one.

You will get vienna marked kit, bew and whatever color the black one have in it’s inherent, for example if the black one have an agouti mom the kits have the chance to get agouti kits.

Also if you know 100% sure the bew dosen’t have any other white markings in it’s ancestors, for example white rabbits can hide that they are broken which it’s a dominant phenotype :3

The black one it’s just black with vienna markings, at least that’s what breeders say in my country.

Myself I have an agouti with vienna markings which I can see on my bun with his eyes color which are dominat brown and a small part blue and the small white spot on the nose.

I’m not a breeder, so don’t know how the rabbits genetic work. I’ve only read one course genetic in university which I failed the test on. So I might have wrong how the different inheritance work in rabbits because I only understand the top of the mountain of genetics and never really read about the rabbits genetic and the different phenotype that present on rabbits and their colors.

Breeding those two rabbits will work as long you know there no known genetic defects in the rabbits :3

Last edited:
Thanks for the great info! Unfortunately I don’t know too much about the parents and ancestors, the person I got them from gave me the breeder info and I’ve reached out to them but I’m having a hard time getting a response.

Back