Breeding Question...

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

caramel17

Reaction score
I breed Caramel, my male Holland Lop with Snowflake, my female Mini Lop. Will the babies look more like Hollands or Mini Lops...? Snowflake is bigger than Caramel and both are at least a year old, andI made sure that Iput Snowflake into Caramels cage. Also how do I know if they breed sucessfully, would Snowflake have stuck her behind up in the air a little bit so that he could breed with her? If so, she didn't, so I don't know if she is prego or not. When Caramel dismounted her, he did look exhausted, but he didn't grunt or squel, so how do I know?:?

I actually just bred my two Holland lops yesterday. The buck with fall off of the doe and maybe grunt. If your buck does that atleast once that means the doe is pregnant. Sounds like you have a pregnant doe :) I let my buck fall off my doe twice but once will do the job :)

I'm pretty sure the babies will look more like the Mini lop but they could be a mix of both. I don't have much experience breeding but this is just my advice and what I know
:)

Well, actually he did that like a couple times, but the last time was the time that he looked exhausted... but he never grunted or squeeled, have you ever had the problem where the doe nips, or bit the bucks you know what when he mounts the wrong end... because this is my first time, and I think thats what happened... I left for like 5 minutes because I had to go to the bathroom and when I came back the doe was covered in blood, and he had some on him also, when I washed them I realized he was bleeding down there... and he still is so...

moving this to the Rabbitry.

The blood does Not sound good. I don't think they really liked eachother being that close. Are they together normally? Do they interact together?
The fact that the buck was bleeding 'down there' doesn't sounds good.

Actually, he is fine now, I just think that he mounted the wrong end and my doe nipped him... yes, they do interact, but they are not kept in the same cage!

Its not good to leave the doe and buck together especially if you dont know how they act. It could have seriously injured your buck and he could possibly not be able to breed again. It depends on how bad the bite was. You need to clean him up and get a good look at the injury and treat it if possible.

That said as there a reason you are breeding a mini and holland? Are you looking to show or is this just to breed? Some babies could look like mom some could look like dad but they will be pets only since they are mix breed.

If he grunted and fell off a certain number of times then that is how many times he got her. It sounds like the last time he was just too tired and gave up. You should get babies in a month.

:yeahthat: I have 2 does that I can leave while they're breeding...the others I stay the entire time, because a few don't get along and will start biting each other.

Not sure why you would intentionally breed pets, but it's not my place to judge anyone. I do hope you at least have people lined up for the babies when they get here. :(

There not really pets but there not really for anything, they are just a hobby, and I'm planning on being a vet in the long run, and I want to have an experience with things before I have to face the problem with someone elses pet... I am mostly breeding for show, as at our fair we can show crossbreeds, and my girl holland is not old enough/big enough to breed yet... well anyway everythings fine with my rabbits now, or until I have baby ones...

Latest posts

Back