Breeding question

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
pamnock wrote:
To get atrue statistical representation, you'll need to compare the results of 100 breedings rather than just the results of a few breedings.

Pam
Yes I know. But I'm not going to do 100 breedings just to find out. I don't need that many rabbits:D

This was the result of my own project and they were later confirmed by a more experienced breeder working on the same project. That's enough for me until I see better evidence to the contrary.

Looks to me as though maybe the sire carries missmark? Brokens hide missmarks good. I do not know what was used to breed in the brokens but is there any possiblity the buck carries BEW? It is not uncomman for a line to carry BEW and not show markings or blue eyes. I had a line just like this. The doe was bred to her sire, both of which showed neither, and I ended with BEW. The same buck was bred to a diffrent doe but from the same line and again it ended in BEW. I was puzzled. When bred to a doe that did not carry BEW 50% of all litters where missmarked but still no blue eyes. The only one of the many that did not show missmark that carried it did actually show missmark. I got to looking and she had some white hairs on her lips.

Well there are no BEWs in his immediate ancestry(3 generations)...not to say it's impossible, just that it's been hidden for a long time if its there.

If these are vienna marked kits that would be just it. But then there would be no brokens at all in those two litters which is statistically unlikely.

As it stands the broken buck will get bred back to by one of his mismarked daughters. If I get BEWs we'll know then what's going on. Otherwise I'll have my charlie for another breeding.

Yes, Bacon (my broken buck) will be giving a lot of tender loving to the ladies. ;)

Numbat wrote:
*Bounce, bounce* 6 days to go! I'm so excited for you!
It could have been just me but I think I felt them yesterday! CAN'T wait!! Just got a feeling all of this litter will survive. :pray:

Latest posts

Back