Breeding question?

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
gingers_giants wrote:
What do you want to know? Ill try my best to explain it...Also, i knowhere in america im pretty sure there is a specialty club for that breed and if you could find that site, then that could also provide info about genetics.
basicgenetics please.

Basically...when you are selecting rabbits to breed together, you want rabbits that have good traits so your young carry on these good traits. I dont know much about fuzzy lops..i know flemish giants, just because thats pretty much what I have bred. If I had a flemish giant doe thatwas small, then I would pick a buck that is large so then the offspring would be the size you want. if you had a buck with shorter ears, then you would want to choose a doe with long ears with nice ear bases so offspring would have good ears. Is any of this making any sense?

gingers_giants wrote:
Basically...when you are selecting rabbits to breed together, you want rabbits that have good traits so your young carry on these good traits. I dont know much about fuzzy lops..i know flemish giants, just because thats pretty much what I have bred. If I had a flemish giant doe that was small, then I would pick a buck that is large so then the offspring would be the size you want. if you had a buck with shorter ears, then you would want to choose a doe with long ears with nice ear bases so offspring would have good ears. Is any of this making any sense?

Yeah I get you.

Latest posts

Back