Breeding Bunnies

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kookookachoo221

Reaction score
Found out thatmy bunny is NOT pregnant. Well I wanted to breed them againright away but when they mount each other someone told me that the buckpulls fur from the doe and he falls over and grunts. Is thereany definitive way of knowing it was successful? Because Idont want to put them together again if she really ispregnant.

kookookachoo

Hi there,

Usually if the buck falls over ormakes a shrieking sound after mating,it means that the doe isnow pregnant. Its not really a grunting sound. Usually while the buckis mounted on topof the doe he can make loud grunting sounds.Yes, and I know sometimes it doesn't work the first time theymate...you might wanna wait a few more weeks and then put them backtogether again and try the mating processagain.

Cassandra

Thanks for the information!

When I bred them I never saw him fall over and shriek but he did everytime he mounted her would pull fur. Do you think she ispregnant? Or should I try again later. I kept themin together and after him mounting her 2 times (about) she wouldn't lethim get on her at all.

kookookachoo

angoralover wrote:
Hi there,

Usually if the buck falls over ormakes a shrieking sound after mating,it means that the doe isnow pregnant. Its not really a grunting sound. Usually while the buckis mounted on topof the doe he can make loud grunting sounds.Yes, and I know sometimes it doesn't work the first time theymate...you might wanna wait a few more weeks and then put them backtogether again and try the mating processagain.

Cassandra

Not all bucks make noise and they don't all fall over. Italso does not mean the doe is pregnant -- only that the buck hasejaculated (and not necessarily in the right place). Theability to palpate comes in very handy as you can determine pregnancywith great accuracy at 14 days after mating.

Pam

kookookachoo221 wrote:
Thanks for the information!

When I bred them I never saw him fall over and shriek but he did everytime he mounted her would pull fur. Do you think she ispregnant? Or should I try again later. I kept themin together and after him mounting her 2 times (about) she wouldn't lethim get on her at all.

kookookachoo

If the doe doesn't let thebuck mount her...then thatjust means that she is not ready for the mating process yet. And if shekeeps on running away from the buck I would seperate them, because thedoe might get a little aggresive with the buck. Just try again later orthe next day until the doe feels comterable with the mating process.Good Luck!:D

Cassandra

Latest posts

Back