Breeders in Ontario

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Katrina

Reaction score
so, like everyone else, I have gotten the rabbit bug. I am considering buying a second one in September when all of my debts will be paid off. The problem is I can't seem to find breeders in my area (rabbit breeders must really be hiding. lol). I live in London Ontario but do have a working car and am able to get anywhere (but as most Ontarians know Ottawa is a "little" bit far from London (make that like 8 hours) and I would rather not go there. I'm sure there are a lot around the Toronto area because of the sheer volume of people in that area but, like I said, I have been unable to find these breeders online.

If anyone here knows of any good breeders near the London area (I will travel 8 hours if need be just rather not) please help me out. As is listed in the description right now I am looking at getting one from this list of breeds: mini lop, holland lop, lionhead, angora english,angora satin, angora dwarf.

Also, I am not looking to get another rabbit to bond with Katrina. Itwould be nice if I could bond them but that is not my main thought.

Thank you so much to everyone for their help, again. You guys have helped me so much.

P.S. any advice on these breeds would help too. If people have had good and bad personal experiences that would help for me to make a decision on what I want (pictures would help too if anyone would like). I understand that my rabbit may act nothing like any of yours but you know when you see an animal acting like a saint you want it and than realize yours is a terror? Yeah, that's what I'm going for. lol.

Just moved this to the rabbitry section for you. Other breeders can help you find some breeders near you.

Have you checked to see if ARBA has any rabbitries listed near you?

--Dawn

I have tried searching through google because that has always worked for dog breeders but have found nothing listed.I didn't know there was something called ARBA around. Can I find a listing of breeders online for them? Thanks for the info.

TinysMom wrote:
Here are some links for you from yahoo groups - I went there and searched for "Ontario rabbit breeders". You will have to join the mailing lists to see the messages but you might find if you go through the archives you find someone you like as a breeder..

http://pets.groups.yahoo.com/group/OntRB/

http://groups.yahoo.com/group/trillium_rba/

Peg
Thank you so much! I don't know why I couldn't find things through searching google. All I could find was stuff listed on kiji and I don't trust something just posted on a site to sell. I want to research first.

I find that when I join groups - I can check out their links and sometimes find breeders that way - then I read their posts on the lists and see if they sound like jerks or not!

Peg

I got my Charlie from the same lady f_j just listed, and Crystallball got Holly there as well.

Latest posts

Back