breeders farmilar with....

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ani-lover

Reaction score
what breed is my newest rabbit tabetha?
i think she is either a black silver marten or a black otter. but oneof my main questions are the ears. netherland dwarfs have her color andso do black silver martens and black otters. some have short ears, somelop ears and some regular normal standard ears.
if any breeders are familiar with this breed would you help me:) thanks
HERES A PIC
100_0424.jpg

100_0415.jpg

100_0426.jpg

black silver martin and black otter are colorvarieties of the netherland dwarf (along with many other breeds) thereis a silver martin breed, but they are larger.

if i had to guess, i would say she is a black otter netherland dwarf or dwarf mix. . .

she is terribly cute whatever the breed. . .

I can't tell but is her belly white?If it is, she is a Black Otter, if her belly is tan in color, she is aBlack Tan (not to be confused with the breed). As far as herbreed, my guess is a Netherland Dwarf that does not carry the dwarfinggene, it is bigger.

Sharon

She's a black otter. A number ofbreeds have the black otter color. How much does sheweigh? I agree that she may be a Netherland Dwarf or possiblyHolland Lop with erect ears. Her ears are rather wide for aNetherland.

Pam

she weighs 3 1/4 lbs and is 12 inches long fromneck to where her tail starts.
her belly is white and she has straight ears 4 inches long and 1 1/2 inches wide.

hope this helps!:)
~ani-lover
P.S. pamnock, i saw your name in the rabbits (popular pet series, allabout americas favorite pets) magazine volume 4. in the juding section.

The weight indicates that she's possibly a small Holland Lop with erect ears or a Holland Lop x Netherland Dwarf mix.

The otter color is a more recent addition to the showable varieties ofthe Holland Lop. Netherland Dwarfs were introduced into somelines to get the otter color in Hollands.

Pam

Latest posts

Back