Breed of this little pumpkin?

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Meeky242

Reaction score
Yesterday I got a phone call from one of my friends saying that his little sister had bought a bunny from a pet store :grumpy: against her parents wishes and so they wanted it gone. I offered to take her off his hands (Definitely a girl! I made sure :p) and either keep her or find her a good home :)

No i know she's chocolate in colour and a self in markings. But other then that im stumped. She's definitely not a mini lop as she's quite thin and dainty where as Luther is this big clomping ball off adorableness.

If any of you guys could help I'd really appreciate it!

IMG_1069.jpg

IMG_1080.jpg

IMG_1081.jpg

IMG_1082.jpg

She's quite a cutie and very friendly:inlove:

IMG_1064.jpg

She has big ears, so will probably be on the larger side once she is fully grown. I don't really know much about the breeds there are in Australia, so it's hard to say what she might be. I would say she is a mix, maybe with some kind of meat breed. She does look fairly young, so that can also make it hard to determine what she might be. She is gorgeous though.

Hmmm I want to say Beveren, but the SOP doesn't list that it's a recognized variety. I can't remember if it's being work on either, and a rabbit from a pet store could be a mix of any number of things.

She's definitely a cutie, and you shouldn't have a hard time rehoming her with that gorgeous chocolate colour!!

Emily

I have absolutely nothing important to contribute to this conversation, but I cannot get over how gorgeous her eyes are :inlove:

dfvfhgdefrhjesjk I have no idea but I LOVE chocolate colored rabbits and she is just gorgeous! She's definitely on my bunny-nap list!

So an update on this little cutie. We tried introducing her to Luter and he hated her. Over the space of the last 4 days we've tried to introduce her to Luther who wouldn't have a bar of it :( He's attacked, bitten, and chased this poor little love all over the bathroom (neutral). Luckily no bad damage has been done but I think for now I'm not going to risk it.

My other bunny loving friend has just recently lost her female and so is offering to home this lovely little creature and try to bond her to her desexed boy (wasn't pre-bonded with the female). Hopefully it all works out :)

when i saw her huge ears i thought maybe an english spot sport baby?

English spots come in chocolate and can have charlies which are spots with no spots on the sides or sports which are solid colored spots? Just another idea? Do you have a weight on her?

She's only about 700g so definitely not huge...yet. I was told she was between 7-10 week though so only a baby. I'm sure as she grows she'll become more "apparent" in her breed :)

I have to agree with majorv, as soon as I saw it, I said it looks just like my Cocoa. He is a chocolate self English
Spot.

Meeky242 wrote:
So an update on this little cutie. We tried introducing her to Luter and he hated her. Over the space of the last 4 days we've tried to introduce her to Luther who wouldn't have a bar of it :( He's attacked, bitten, and chased this poor little love all over the bathroom (neutral). Luckily no bad damage has been done but I think for now I'm not going to risk it.

My other bunny loving friend has just recently lost her female and so is offering to home this lovely little creature and try to bond her to her desexed boy (wasn't pre-bonded with the female). Hopefully it all works out :)
Rabbits need to be altered before they are introduced for a bond :)

They don't neccesarialy need to be altered. My two boys where not when i first bonded them. but i got them done at a later date. Her friends male is neutered already.

Latest posts

Back