breed help

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

HannahSnider43

Reaction score
Looks like English spot mix to me but I am not an expert. I have a dwarf mix rabbit with similar spots. How old is she?

Mine looks almost exactly like his mother, full dwarf but he has a bit shorter ears. Definitely has that English spot gene.

Here's his photo when he was 8 weeks old, well I didn't know he was a boy then I was told he's a girl.

full

Last edited:
Looks like English spot mix to me but I am not an expert. I have a dwarf mix rabbit with similar spots. How old is she?

I got her from a livestock auction by chance, my grandmother bought her for me. The original owner was no where to be found and no one could take a rough guess having not known the breed. I’m heading to the vet in a week or so but I was just curious. The one breeder that I spoke with at the auction mentioned she was maybe 8 weeks old. She was too little to tell if she was really a she

A rabbit with black and whote broken colouring is NOT an english spot and does NOT mean it has any english spot genes at all.
Thank you for your insight, as mentioned I was just explaining what a breeder in passing had mentioned she thought. Thank you for clarifying!

The gene for this spotting does originally come from the english spot, but it's been extensively breed into other breeds for hundreds of years, so the chances that any rabbit with this pattern has a reasonably high percentage of english spot in them is extremely low. I'd believe someone if they told me that was a rex mix (rex is a lot more common than english spot). Without more information on the parentage though, I wouldn't go any further than just saying that rabbit is a mixed breed.

Latest posts

Back