Breed help? :) Pretty please?

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Hawkertinger

Reaction score
butterscotch018.jpg

This is my little girl Butterscotch. Got her from a pet store a few days ago...saw her, fell in love, and just couldn't resist. Been thinking about a bunny for a while, and she just wouldn't let me leave without her, so I didn't :) I'm not sure what kind of rabbit she is though. Anybody have any kind of ideas? Mostly, just trying to figure out how big she'll end up getting. She's supposedly pretty young. Thanks :D :D :D

Awe!! She's gorgeous. :biggrin2:

I love her big ears :bunny24

Sorry, I can't help with the breed. I'm new to bunnies.

:) April

OakRidgeRabbits wrote:
She looks very much like a Flemish to me. Would you be happy or terrified to hear that they do not have a maximum show weight? lol
That's what I thought, But I didn't want to be wrong. :) Butterscotch is gonnabe a big bunny. :biggrin2:

She is definitely a beautiful rabbit. How old is she now and how big(weight) is she. We had a Netherland that was one and a half pounds. Our mini's run between 3 to 4 pounds including to rexes. Several regular sized rabbits between 7 to 9 pounds--Beth was 15 ounces when we rescued her and she's now a nine pounder. Then there is Serena. Though she was mostly English Spot and 7 pounds when we got her from the shelter. Wrong, she's a Checkered Giant and weigh 17 pounds.

Looks like a New Zealand or other large bun cross. It's hard to tell, but is that possibly Palomino coloring? They do show up once in a while.

Be prepared for a large bun, and check out our Library for housing ideas! Most cages from pet stores are IMO not large enough for even a mid-sized bun and you'll have trouble just getting this girl through the cage door when she's full grown. I hate those doors.

Welcome to the forum!

I agree that she looks like maybe a Flemish Giant or other giant breed. The way I have read to tell how big a rabbit is going to get is to measure the ears, if they are 4 or more inches then you have a big/giant rabbit. If they are 2 inches or less then you have a dwarf rabbit. If they are between 2 and 4 inches then you have a medium sized rabbit.

Awesome!!! The guy at the pet store said he thought she was a baby, and she feels like she'd be 12 oz to about a pound right now. Thanks so much for the responses, never even thought she might end up being a giant girl..but that's just more of her to love!

Oooh, after looking at the breeds you all mentioned, she, to me anyway, looks alot like the golden palomino. I looked at quite a few photos of them, and it matches her coloring perfectly. The pet store said she's very likely a mix...oooh boy....she's gonna give the cats a run for their money!

yeah, she's probably going to be bigger than the cats. I had a coworker that wanted to get a flemmie that could stand it's ground since his girlfriend had a cat and she was going to move in with him in a couple of months.
By the size of the feet and the ears, i'm guessing a flemmie or flemmie mix.

Wow! Thanks for all the responses....so erm, my next question...if she's 1 lb 6 oz....about how old would that make her, and how long til she's gonna be full grown? :)

Thanks again!! :) Can't wait to watch her grow up!

Looks a lot like a baby Palomino to me. She looks like my Elf when she was young, but a bit more narrow in the nose. Just beautiful. I really hope you share lots and lots of photos! I'll be looking for them.

Latest posts

Back